Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Pay deduction ?

1. Senior Member

Question Pay deduction ?

Advertisements
    I just looked at the new LES and under deductions there was everything that I am used to seeing except for this casual pay. I have no idea what it is and they took a big chunk of change for it. I just have never seen anything like that. Can any of you ladies help me out? I am going to talk to DH about it but I just have to wait for his call.

TIA
    Last edited by navyaowife2005; 03-25-2009 at 10:59 AM. Reason: mispelled something
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by navyaowife2005 View Post
    I just looked at the new LES and under deductions there was everything that I am used to seeing except for this casual pay. I have no idea what it is and they took a big chunck of change for it. I just have never seen anything like that. Can any of you ladies help me out? I am going to talk to DH about it but I just have to wait for his call.

TIA
    http://www.dfas.mil/militarypay/woun...casualpay.html
    What is a Casual Pay?

The local servicing finance office can pay Wounded Warriors a casual pay when they do not have means of withdrawing funds from their bank account. The casual pay is considered an advance on the member's next paycheck, and will be collected.

Looks like he took some sort of advance?
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    http://www.dfas.mil/militarypay/woun...casualpay.html
    What is a Casual Pay?

The local servicing finance office can pay Wounded Warriors a casual pay when they do not have means of withdrawing funds from their bank account. The casual pay is considered an advance on the member's next paycheck, and will be collected.

Looks like he took some sort of advance?
    Thanks, for the link and info. I know he got an advance when he first went in but I see the allotment for that. I will just let DH know and he can talk to finance about it. But thank you so much for easing my mind.