Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: BAH Confusion

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

BAH Confusion

Advertisements
    Hi ok heres my situation. I am new to being an army wife. I do not know how everything works yet. So heres my question. My husband is currently stationed in Korea. He returns soon and we are getting stationed in San Antonio Tx. We currently get BAH but we want to live on base. Will/ could we still get BAH if he is paying child support? Can someone give me all the options to what we can do to keep the bah and live on base if there are any options. Thank you guys a head of time!
  2. Senior Member
    If you live on base you will no longer receive BAH in cash. It will go directly to housing.
  3. I can work the google on the internet machine!
    I can work the google on the internet machine!
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura48 View Post
    If you live on base you will no longer receive BAH in cash. It will go directly to housing.
    Control is an illusion, you infantile egomaniac. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next: not on a freeway, not in an airplane, not inside our own bodies and certainly not on a racetrack with 40 other infantile egomaniacs.- Days of Thunder(Nicole Kidman)
  4. Senior Member
    As stated once living in base housing the families no longer receive BAH. So you can not keep bah and live on base.

And by default, it should have no bearing with child support.
  5. Senior Member
    you can not still recieve BAH and live in military housing. Unless (and this is certain bases only) the base has (like Eglin AFB) a trailer park on base. Then you pay rent on the land and possibly the trailer if you dont have your own, and you get to keep your BAH.