Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Question for the navy girls

1. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!

Question for the navy girls

Advertisements
    Does the navy offer free marital counseling like the army does? I'm talking to a friend of mine (she's not on SOS) who just recently married into the navy and her and her husband are having some problems. I was going to tell her to take the free counseling with her DH but I wanted to make sure that they offered it before I said anything.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    The military offers it through militaryonesource
    It's not seperated by branch
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    They also offer CREDO marriage retreats. They would just have to contact the base chaplain to get the information on that
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  4. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyB View Post
    The military offers it through militaryonesource
    It's not seperated by branch
    oh okay. Good to know.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    There are tons of options. Fleet and Family Services also offer counseling as well.
  6. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Tricare covers marital counseling as well!!!
  7. Pass the Chocolate
    Pass the Chocolate
    Tricare doesn't cover marriage counseling but they will cover issues stemming from marriage problems, like depression, anxiety, etc. It has to be a medical diagnosis. That's how they have to bill it. So they will do marriage counseling but under the billing codes of something else. Normally you see the counselor first (to establish why you're depressed/anxious/upset,etc) and then after that they'll bring your DH in for the rest of the sessions. You can see LCSW, etc, more info is on the Tricare website about it.

Sometimes DH's don't like to use Fleet/Family just because they don't want to see someone on base.

MilitaryOneSource is a great resource, and doing a CREDO retreat would be great too. Depending on what the couple is looking for. CREDO is a weekend and of course counseling is more of an over-time thing, trying to solve a problem rather than revitalize the marriage.

Counseling Services
    TRICARE doesn’t cover nutritional counseling, diabetic self-help counseling, diabetic self-education programs, stress management, life-style modifications, marriage counseling (marriage counseling isn’t the same as treatment by a marriage and family therapist, which is covered under TRICARE Standard), etc.
  8. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisgirl View Post
    Tricare doesn't cover marriage counseling but they will cover issues stemming from marriage problems, like depression, anxiety, etc. It has to be a medical diagnosis. That's how they have to bill it. So they will do marriage counseling but under the billing codes of something else. Normally you see the counselor first (to establish why you're depressed/anxious/upset,etc) and then after that they'll bring your DH in for the rest of the sessions. You can see LCSW, etc, more info is on the Tricare website about it.

Sometimes DH's don't like to use Fleet/Family just because they don't want to see someone on base.

MilitaryOneSource is a great resource, and doing a CREDO retreat would be great too. Depending on what the couple is looking for. CREDO is a weekend and of course counseling is more of an over-time thing, trying to solve a problem rather than revitalize the marriage.

That's not how it's worked for me(us)...

They've billed it as family therapy...

It was all quite simple. We've used Tricare twice in 2 different states for MFT counseling services.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Dh and I got our marriage counselor through military onesource. It is 100% confidential. Tricare did cover our counseling sessions. I believe they cover 6 sessions, and then you can go longer depending on what the counselor reccommends.