Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need opinions

1. Lifes hard... get a helmet.
    Lifes hard... get a helmet.

I need opinions

Advertisements
    How do you like Tricare honestly? Once Tim and I get married I had originally planned on keeping my insurance as my primary b/c its just awesome insurance ( without the waits, hassles etc) But I was talking to a girl I work with and I was told we have Flex ( make your own schedule don't have to work a lot if you don't want) positions at work available, and if I were to do that I would basically double my hourly pay( and could still work full time if I wanted), however I would also loose my benefits. So I really need some pros and cons about tricare to help with the decision. Thanks ladies.
    Please Remember to follow OPSEC!!!

Life is hard.... Wear a helmet
  2. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    I Tricare! I've never had any major issues!
  3. Banned
    Banned
    I have standard, and honestly I do not care much for the doctors that take tricare in my area, definitely something to research.
  4. I got all this, and personality too.
    I got all this, and personality too.
    I don't like my doctor, but I've never had any problem with Tricare itself.
    omnomnommynom
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    someone told me tricare prime was like a ppo and you had a lot more options...just paid more out of pocket.

and standard was equivalated with an hmo but slightly different.

Do you have an HMO or PPO now? I've had both and I loved the freedom PPO's gave me, but I loved the small bills that came with an HMO. The only thing that made the HMO worth it to me was finding amazing doctors who took it.
  6. Lifes hard... get a helmet.
    Quote Originally Posted by mixpix45 View Post
    someone told me tricare prime was like a ppo and you had a lot more options...just paid more out of pocket.

Do you have an HMO or PPO now? I've had both and I loved the freedom PPO's gave me, but I loved the small bills that came with an HMO. The only thing that made the HMO worth it to me was finding amazing doctors who took it.
    right now I have a ppo which I love.

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mixpix45 View Post

It's the other way around....Prime is like an HMO where you are seen by a military doctor. Standard is like a PPO where you have more options as to who you see. You can go to a civilian doc if you want.

If you aren't paying very much for you own ins, I don't see a reason why not to keep it. Although, I'm not sure how it works if you want to see a military doc. I'm sure someone else can answer that for you. But if you go to see a civilian doc and you have two ins, then you probably will only pay very little if anything at all. Tric will cover what the other one doesn't.
    Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be.
    --Robert Browning
  8. Lifes hard... get a helmet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniyelle View Post
    It's the other way around....Prime is like an HMO where you are seen by a military doctor. Standard is like a PPO where you have more options as to who you see. You can go to a civilian doc if you want.

If you aren't paying very much for you own ins, I don't see a reason why not to keep it. Although, I'm not sure how it works if you want to see a military doc. I'm sure someone else can answer that for you. But if you go to see a civilian doc and you have two ins, then you probably will only pay very little if anything at all. Tric will cover what the other one doesn't.
    True, but I'll go from making roughly $28 an hour to nearly making $50... the only catch is I don't get my insurance anymore.. I just dunno if its worth it b/c i've heard horror stories about tricare

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniyelle View Post

lol my mistake but thanks for correcting...I don't have it yet, just been trying to figure it out before I do get it in two months. I'm used to civilian insurance.
  10. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    I have had no issues. Dental not so much but other than that, things have gone really smoothly.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast