Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reimbursment Pay

1. is so happy to have him HOME!!
    is so happy to have him HOME!!
    Blog Entries

Reimbursment Pay

Advertisements
    We just moved here from FL. We flew and paid for our cars to get shipped. So, my question is, we did save our receipts for our hotel stay and rental cars, and he's turning them in Monday, so how long does that take for us to get reimbursed for that?

And, how long does it take for his BAH to kick in here in SD? As of right now, we're still getting FL BAH and have to pay rent on the 1st..
    Mommy to Gavin and Tristan
    Wife to Nick.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    ok ---- OH boy you are not going to like my answers:

unless you flew over seas- you will NOT get per diem NOT ONE RED CENT!!
    you will also not get MALT since you did not drive.

ALSO YOU will not get reimbursed for any rental fees. they are only reimburseble when the GOV pays to ship a vehicle and the vehicle arrives late.

if you used TLE ( and that was yout hotel costs) you will need a reciept for each night of TLE and there is a daily cap based on the location and regardless of what you spent you will only get the amount up to the cap - for the food you will get a daily rate and will not need reciepts for ( they will pay the meals rate for each day you have a reciept for TLE)
    TLE cannot exceed 10 days total.

hopefully you got prior approval to fly and ship both vehicles- since there is no information in thr JFTR about allowing reimbursement for two vehicles- it only says one.

HTH's
  3. Senior Member
    eeek

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    ok ---- OH boy you are not going to like my answers:

unless you flew over seas- you will NOT get per diem NOT ONE RED CENT!!
    you will also not get MALT since you did not drive.

ALSO YOU will not get reimbursed for any rental fees. they are only reimburseble when the GOV pays to ship a vehicle and the vehicle arrives late.

if you used TLE ( and that was yout hotel costs) you will need a reciept for each night of TLE and there is a daily cap based on the location and regardless of what you spent you will only get the amount up to the cap - for the food you will get a daily rate and will not need reciepts for ( they will pay the meals rate for each day you have a reciept for TLE)
    TLE cannot exceed 10 days total.

hopefully you got prior approval to fly and ship both vehicles- since there is no information in thr JFTR about allowing reimbursement for two vehicles- it only says one.

HTH's
    Really? This must have all changed since we moved, except for the part about one car allowed. I remember getting 80% of estimated expenses up front, then filing receipts and getting a check for the balance.
  5. I got all this, and personality too.
    I got all this, and personality too.
    When we did a do-it-yourself move from Texas to New Mexico, we got reimbursed for the 1 night we stayed in a hotel, and the cost of the U-haul. We didn't get anything for gas or food. It showed up in DH's pay about a month after he turned in all the papers and receipts.
    omnomnommynom
  6. Senior Member
    I thought they didn't ship cars when going from state to state *unless to or from AK or HI.

And then yah only one car.

ETA: here is a link from about.com about PCS entitlements. check on here and if you have any further questions contact finance. Expect payment about a month or so after turning all your paperwork in.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/trave...titlements.htm
  7. Senior Member
    I don't know how it all works, but we moved for SC to CA. in Jan 2008 and we are still waiting on our travel pay. Yes it has been a year.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cyndilou View Post
    I don't know how it all works, but we moved for SC to CA. in Jan 2008 and we are still waiting on our travel pay. Yes it has been a year.
    Oh hell no. How many times have you gone in to complain? Did they lose your paperwork?
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    Oh hell no. How many times have you gone in to complain? Did they lose your paperwork?
    DH has been several times. They did lose our paperwork. They lost his whole page 2. They did not even have him as married(we have been married 18 years). They said we should have had it the last time in 5 weeks well that was 8 weeks ago. So they just got back and he will be going back on Mon.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cyndilou View Post
    DH has been several times. They did lose our paperwork. They lost his whole page 2. They did not even have him as married(we have been married 18 years). They said we should have had it the last time in 5 weeks well that was 8 weeks ago. So they just got back and he will be going back on Mon.
    Oh wow.

I have heard of people losing paperwork and delayed repayments and such but never that long.

I am so sorry. I hope you get your money soon.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast