Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Navy SRB's reduced AGAIN!

  1. ------------------
    JRal's Avatar
    JRal is offline
    ------------------
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Nunya ;)
    Posts
    1,355
    #1

    Thumb Down Navy SRB's reduced AGAIN!

    Advertisements
    OMG- Major SRB cuts. This is going to mess with A LOT of sailors!

    http://www.npc.navy.mil/NR/rdonlyres...0/NAV09075.txt
  2. Senior Member
    Navgirl's Avatar
    Navgirl is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,361

    #2
    SRB's were strictly an incentive to keep critically skilled service members in. Now that people are opting to stay just because of the economy the Navy doesn't have to pay SRB's except for those few rates that are very hard to to retain. Of course those who already got bonuses will keep them as long as they fulfill their obligation. They just won't hand out new ones.
  3. Senior Member
    NC@SEA's Avatar
    NC@SEA is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
    Posts
    2,097
    #3
    Unfortunately it's long overdue. The Navy has been handing out SRB's like candy. One of the main reasons is that they over spent on them. Everyone has to remember that it's not 100PCT that you would get one even if you are eligible.

    I see a lot of people getting out now because the only reason they are staying is for the SRB.
  4. You are here.
    Frybread's Avatar
    Frybread is offline
    You are here.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    23,977
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Navgirl View Post
    SRB's were strictly an incentive to keep critically skilled service members in. Now that people are opting to stay just because of the economy the Navy doesn't have to pay SRB's except for those few rates that are very hard to to retain. Of course those who already got bonuses will keep them as long as they fulfill their obligation. They just won't hand out new ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by NC@SEA View Post
    Unfortunately it's long overdue. The Navy has been handing out SRB's like candy. One of the main reasons is that they over spent on them. Everyone has to remember that it's not 100PCT that you would get one even if you are eligible.

    I see a lot of people getting out now because the only reason they are staying is for the SRB.

    Sorry, but I agree with these opinions....
  5. Death Before Decaf!!
    Becca's Avatar
    Becca is offline
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Goose Creek, SC
    Posts
    27,295
    Blog Entries
    6
    #5
    I'm grateful for simple job security these days, kwim? Bummer that SRB's are cut, but with the economy today I'm truly not surprised.
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  6. I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    mossey2000's Avatar
    mossey2000 is offline
    I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Gulfport
    Posts
    10,201
    #6
    I would rather J have a job than a bonus.
  7. Senior Member
    mary79's Avatar
    mary79 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,146
    #7
    I agree with what the other ladies have said, I'm just happy my husband has a job. I am grateful for the bonuses we have gotten in the past ,but they were just that , a bonus. He would have enlisted anyway.
  8. Proud Seabee wife!
    A_BU'swife's Avatar
    A_BU'swife is offline
    Proud Seabee wife!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,575
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by NC@SEA View Post
    Unfortunately it's long overdue. The Navy has been handing out SRB's like candy. One of the main reasons is that they over spent on them. Everyone has to remember that it's not 100PCT that you would get one even if you are eligible.

    I see a lot of people getting out now because the only reason they are staying is for the SRB.
    That is sad. DH is in cause he LOVES his job...period!
  9. Account Closed
    Fidzy's Avatar
    Fidzy is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,974
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    I'm grateful for simple job security these days, kwim? Bummer that SRB's are cut, but with the economy today I'm truly not surprised.
    Not Navy, but
  10. I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    mossey2000's Avatar
    mossey2000 is offline
    I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Gulfport
    Posts
    10,201
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by aelsass View Post
    That is sad. DH is in cause he LOVES his job...period!
    and not like we ever got any decent bonuses anyway.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •