Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yes, more Tricare questions

1. I'm the little spoon
    I'm the little spoon

Help Yes, more Tricare questions

Advertisements
    Sorry I'm so full of questions about Tricare I feel stupid asking so many.

Question 1.
    I was just talking to DH about it and he said that he has Prime overseas. I'm assuming that since I'm not there with him and also never enrolled or anything that I'm just on Standard, correct? If I am on standard do I have to pay out-of-pocket for doctor appointments? I have my yearly pap coming up and I just go to my family doctor for that and I already asked if she accepted Tricare and she said yes. So...

Question 2.
    If I wanted to upgrade to prime would DH have to do the enrollment or can I do it? I also want to enroll in the dental program so would he have to do that as well?

Sorry...I'm such a n00b. lol

Proud wifey of cbsmommie4life
  2. For missing you is my hobby and loving you is my life
    For missing you is my hobby and loving you is my life
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsie88 View Post

Question 1.
    I was just talking to DH about it and he said that he has Prime overseas. I'm assuming that since I'm not there with him and also never enrolled or anything that I'm just on Standard, correct? If I am on standard do I have to pay out-of-pocket for doctor appointments? I have my yearly pap coming up and I just go to my family doctor for that and I already asked if she accepted Tricare and she said yes. So...

Question 2.
    If I wanted to upgrade to prime would DH have to do the enrollment or can I do it? I also want to enroll in the dental program so would he have to do that as well?

You do have to pay out of pocket fees for standard...Im not sure the %. You can enroll in prime as his dependent you go to tricare.mil and print out the enrollment form and mail it in....If you have questions on the form call their customer care number, they are really helpful. Cuz let me tell you I was throughly confused.
    You should be in Dental already when he enrolled he should have enrolled you as well. Im not sure, my DH did it for me and they mailed me a card.

DH-"Your are so much more than my wife to me. You are my best friend, my map when I am lost, my light when I am in the dark, and you are the keeper of my heart. We are in every moment together, even if it is for a split second. I love you with all my heart and I will always love you more and more every day."
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    1. Yes you're on standard and standard has co-pays.
    2. I switched from standard to prime while DH was on an unaccompanied tour. I have POA but they didn't ask for it. I just went to the nearest base and told them I wanted to switch. Dental I did online. It wasn't done when I was enrolled in DEERS.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

Question 1.

Question 2.
    If I wanted to upgrade to prime would DH have to do the enrollment or can I do it? I also want to enroll in the dental program so would he have to do that as well? If hes never added you to prime then yes you are standard. If you want to be added to prime you can go in & do it yourself. Dental is completely seperate & unless hes already enrolled you he has to enroll you, you cant enroll yourself.

hope this helps
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by MOS:armywife View Post
    hope this helps
    I enrolled myself in dental.
  6. I'm the little spoon
    I'm the little spoon
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Ski View Post
    I enrolled myself in dental.
    I saw you could do it online and I thought that if I had all of DH's information needed I'd be able to enroll myself. Haha. Oh boy. Some day I'll understand everything.

7. For missing you is my hobby and loving you is my life
    For missing you is my hobby and loving you is my life
    Blog Entries
    I saw you could do it online and I thought that if I had all of DH's information needed I'd be able to enroll myself. Haha. Oh boy. Some day I'll understand everything.
    I hear ya!! This s**t is confusing. You know since they brief our SO on all this but for some reason we get left to piece everyhting together on our own...lol Welcome to the military right!

DH-"Your are so much more than my wife to me. You are my best friend, my map when I am lost, my light when I am in the dark, and you are the keeper of my heart. We are in every moment together, even if it is for a split second. I love you with all my heart and I will always love you more and more every day."
  8. I'm the little spoon
    I'm the little spoon
    Quote Originally Posted by texaslullaby View Post
    I hear ya!! This s**t is confusing. You know since they brief our SO on all this but for some reason we get left to piece everyhting together on our own...lol Welcome to the military right!
    Haha yeah. I like to know how everything works and expect DH to know the answers to my question. However, I feel like I know more than he does most days. I just have to do more reading and if I have a question ask it.

9. Senior Member
    I enrolled myself in dental too.

ALSO to the OP check the tricare website and look for your dr on there...I was told by my kids ped and even by the tricare office that you need to make sure the dr is a TRICARE Provider and the best way is to check tricare's website and check for the name because most dr's will accept tricare...the difference is accepting tricare and being a tricare provider...a dr that accepts tricare will end you with a nice bill and one that's a tricare provider won't.
  10. I'm the little spoon
    I'm the little spoon
    Quote Originally Posted by mackenziesmommy View Post
    I enrolled myself in dental too.

ALSO to the OP check the tricare website and look for your dr on there...I was told by my kids ped and even by the tricare office that you need to make sure the dr is a TRICARE Provider and the best way is to check tricare's website and check for the name because most dr's will accept tricare...the difference is accepting tricare and being a tricare provider...a dr that accepts tricare will end you with a nice bill and one that's a tricare provider won't.
    I didn't even think to check. Thanks so much for bringing that up. I did check the site and she is on there. Yay. haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast