Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: CAC say what?

1. For missing you is my hobby and loving you is my life
    For missing you is my hobby and loving you is my life
    Blog Entries

CAC say what?

Advertisements
    Im so confused.... my husband got a notice that he needs to change his PW on his AKO, but in order to do that you have to have a CAC account... what may I ask is that and how do I get it?? I am living at my parents untill my DH gets home, so I dont really want to dowload something onto their computer so what do I do to change his PW? I dont want to get locked out of his AKO cuz then I cant obsessivly check his ERB for our duty station lol....please explain.

DH-"Your are so much more than my wife to me. You are my best friend, my map when I am lost, my light when I am in the dark, and you are the keeper of my heart. We are in every moment together, even if it is for a split second. I love you with all my heart and I will always love you more and more every day."
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    CAC is HIS ID card. You cant change it. He has to log on and do it himself.
  3. Yes, I am a male
    Yes, I am a male
    Blog Entries

CAC is common access card, it means he has to stick his ID in a computer that's equipped to read it and then login to AKO from there.
  4. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    What is the point of a CAC for a government employee? I have one but I was a lower GS so I never needed it for anything

5. For missing you is my hobby and loving you is my life
    Blog Entries
    so could he do that while he is in AIT??

DH-"Your are so much more than my wife to me. You are my best friend, my map when I am lost, my light when I am in the dark, and you are the keeper of my heart. We are in every moment together, even if it is for a split second. I love you with all my heart and I will always love you more and more every day."
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    yes he can do it at AIT IF the computer he is logging on to has the CAC reader(most if not all Gov't computers have them.) my DH has a reader (card reader) for his use here at the house . he bought it though. as a dependent you, yourself can not change a pw with out his knowledge and his CAC.
  7. For missing you is my hobby and loving you is my life
    Blog Entries
    okay well crap....now to get ahold of my DH.....

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    I have a CAC card that I use on a daily basis in order to get onto the computer systems at work. I have a pin that I must enter everytime I log on, and use other government issued sites. AKO, the Knowledge Center, mandatory training, and even emails-if they are certified or high security risked, I HAVE to have my CAC card. The CAC card makes it easier to do these things too! If you only knew how many freaking user names and passwords we have to remember for every site, every program, etc, you'd be surprised on how we do our work on a daily basis without going crazy!
    Yes your DH needs to get on a government issued computer right away to use his CAC and get onto his AKO account and change his password, otherwise, he'll have to call the AKO webservice number and they take FOREVER!! TRUST ME ON THAT!
    If you cannot get past my size and my exterior, there is no way I'm letting you know how great I am on the inside as bestsellers are not judged by their covers"
    -Me

Back in the Pure Romance Business....visit my page at
    http://michellemcmullen.pureromance.com
    DONE WITH GRAD SCHOOL! TIME TO CELEBRATE! :

9. For missing you is my hobby and loving you is my life
    Blog Entries
    okay thank you all!!
    I got ahold of DH and he is going to take care of it...I feel so clueless sometimes since im still trying to learn all this crazyness lol