Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Neutral Should I?

Advertisements
    Hey, I'm a newbie.. but i have a question.. Should my boyfriend and i get married to better out benefits with the navy? He leaves for IL June 11, 2009 and i'm freakin out.. but that's another story.. Anyways.. We want to get married but we can't decide whether to wait until he gets home for good or go ahead and take advantage of the family benefits.. Any advice?
  2. bend...and snap!
    bend...and snap!
    I think that the best thing to do is look at whether or not you are ready for marriage and whether or not YOU personally are ready for the military lifestyle, and not worry so much about the benefits.
  3. Made it safe and sound
    Made it safe and sound
    You should get married because you love each other and that is what you both want, not just to better your benefits.
    If you're ready, then you're ready. If you're not then you're not. Only you 2 can make that decision.
    Proud Wifey of CharliesAngel, miraluu, CarLooSHoo, LT and A*Singing*Wife

4. I thought I told ya, Imma star!
    I thought I told ya, Imma star!
    Me: Wisconsin! But my heart is in Pittsburgh
    Quote Originally Posted by Serran View Post
    You should get married because you love each other and that is what you both want, not just to better your benefits.
    If you're ready, then you're ready. If you're not then you're not. Only you 2 can make that decision.
    You took the words out of my mouth.
    LET'S GO PENS
  5. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    Eh, I might get disagreeing thoughts here, but if you guys are already engaged and already plan on getting married anyway, and you are 100% of this, might as well do it now , that's just me tho
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Serran View Post

I have to say, I get really irked by people who marry for the benefits... Marriage should be about love and a lifetime committment, not so the military can take care of you.

Welcome to MSOS.
  7. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    Uh no, you get married because you want to spend the rest of your life with that person. Not for some of the benefits the military offers.
  8. Do fairytales ever come true?
    Do fairytales ever come true?
    Virginia Beach Va (hubby is on USS Bataan)
    Blog Entries
    i say, IF both of you are ready and in love totally and know you will do this, then do it now and take advantage! but only IF!

[/url]
  9. I got all this, and personality too.
    I got all this, and personality too.
    I'm going to ignore the silliness of getting married just for benefits and say this: If yall are planning to get married anyway, and its just a matter of the date, then I'd say to get married before he leaves because you'll be the first one notified if something goes wrong. (In general) he'll be allowed to call you if he gets recycled or something, rather than calling his parents and hoping they pass the info along to you. Yes, he'll get a bit more money and things, but you're ridiculous if you're going to tie yourself to someone for the rest of your life just to get an extra couple hundred bucks in the bank.
    omnomnommynom
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Just curious and to make sure you don't have any strange ideas, what kind of 'family benefits' are you expecting to get?
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast