Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Pay Question

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Pay Question

Advertisements
    DH's pay has been different every single pay period since the new year. It's always off by less than $100. For example, this mid-month LES is $50 more then what they took out for mid-month on the first. Is it still safe to chalk these difference up to the increases in pay, bah, and bas being worked out... or should a start I mini investigation? I don't know what's normal anymore, and next pay check should have another pay increase since DH reached the 3+ year mark.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    they do not get a raise at the 3 yr mark- the get the annual raise Jan 1st and a carreer raise every 2 yrs, at 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 ect.

the pay for feb was short for everyone since there were only 28 days in the month. so for march it should be right, if it is not by April 1st, I would contact finance.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    they do not get a raise at the 3 yr mark- the get the annual raise Jan 1st and a carreer raise every 2 yrs, at 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 ect.

the pay for feb was short for everyone since there were only 28 days in the month. so for march it should be right, if it is not by April 1st, I would contact finance.
    Really? Every chart I've looked at says he should get paid about $100 more after he reaches 3 years. I'm confused now. The things I've read say at 2, 3, 4, and the skips to 6, 8, 10, ect..

As for the shorter month. I never even thought of that! Thanks for bringing it up That should account for the small changes.
  4. Senior Member
    The pay goes like this.

2 years and less, over two years, over 3 years, over 4 years and than it is every 2 years (6,8,10 etc).

If you are concerned contact finance. It doesn't hurt to see for sure. Better to check a mistake (if it is one) earlier than later.
  5. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
    Really? Every chart I've looked at says he should get paid about $100 more after he reaches 3 years. I'm confused now. The things I've read say at 2, 3, 4, and the skips to 6, 8, 10, ect..

As for the shorter month. I never even thought of that! Thanks for bringing it up That should account for the small changes.
    You're right, it's 2, 3, 4, then 6,8 10, etc.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Sorry- I have not looked at a pay chart for a long time! it is 2,3,4 and then goes to every 2 yrs!!

Again I am sorry !!!