Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Am I gonna be in trouble?

Banned

Help Am I gonna be in trouble?

Advertisements
    I wasn't sure whether to put this here or under deployments but I am hoping someone will know/have experience.

Can Josh get me registered in DEERS and TriCare from Iraq?

And then if he gets me in TriCare, and I don't have a military ID (since he won't be here to take me), am I gonna be able to use TriCare?

I'm on thyroid medication that I NEED to take. We can try to push back me losing my parent's insurance as far as possible but I don't know what I am gonna do if they drop me before I can get Tricare.
  2. Senior Member
    IDK anything about enrolling you in DEERS from Iraq, but I got my military ID when DH wasnt here. I got a certain form ( i dont know the name of it i have it at home and im not at h ome) and just brought it to my nearest ID processing center.
  3. Senior Member

There is a PSD of some sort in Iraq, where he'll be able to update that information.

Also, you can get an ID card... he needs to go into the PSD, get an 1172 signed by him and the VO, and then he can fax/mail it to you, and you can take it to your nearest base, and get the ID card.

Now, enrolling in DEERS and enrolling in Tricare are two different things.

You need to be in DEERS under him as a dependent before you can enroll in Tricare.

When you go to Tricare, you'll need a PG 2, a copy of his orders, and bring your marriage cert and POA just in case.

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey&Kyle View Post

There is a PSD of some sort in Iraq, where he'll be able to update that information.

Also, you can get an ID card... he needs to go into the PSD, get an 1172 signed by him and the VO, and then he can fax/mail it to you, and you can take it to your nearest base, and get the ID card.

You need to be in DEERS under him as a dependent before you can enroll in Tricare.

When you go to Tricare, you'll need a PG 2, a copy of his orders, and bring your marriage cert and POA just in case.

Form 1172 , thatssss what it was.
  5. Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy

once he enrolls you in deers, which he can do over there, you are automaticly in Tricare Standard, you won't have to do anything. In order to change from Standard to Prime you will just need to go to a tricare office with your ID card (so you would have to wait for him to do everything on his end) and fill out the paperwork. It took me all of like 30 mins in the tricare office at naval hospital portsmouth in VA to do it and all i had was my ID card. They pulled me up in the system under standard and changed it, after i signed my life away to them.
    Florida girl in a Snowy World
  6. Nikolai is here!!
    Nikolai is here!!

crazy good advice right here!!!
    Gearing up for deployment #2
  7. Junior Member
    You can get the ID yourself. There's a form he will have to fill out, they will know what it is, in the CAC/ID office there. Then he can send it to you, and all you have to do is take it to a local base (I took mine to Navy Base even though we're Army, so I don't even think it matters what kind of base) and go to the ID office to get one made. It took me like 15 minutes. As long as you're in DEERS, you should be in TriCare standard. I'm not sure if there is a fee for Tricare Prime, but you could call the base and find out probably.
  8. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    as long as you are in deers you can enroll yourself in tricare. I enrolled myself. Dh sat in the car
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

9. Captain's Wife
    Captain's Wife
    Blog Entries
    Talk to your FRG or even the Post where he is based out of and left from can help you - you must be in DEERS before you can enroll in Tricare. Are you sure you are not already in DEERS? He shoudl ahve had that updated before he left so maybe he did....?
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jojojo View Post
    Talk to your FRG or even the Post where he is based out of and left from can help you - you must be in DEERS before you can enroll in Tricare. Are you sure you are not already in DEERS? He shoudl ahve had that updated before he left so maybe he did....?
    We aren't married yet. We are getting married over R&R.