Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tricare is stopping my health insurance??

1. Senior Member

Help Tricare is stopping my health insurance??

Advertisements
    When I got my dependent ID card I noticed on the back that it said that the effective date was March 5th 2009. I asked them about it then and they said they werent sure, that it must be when DH is done with all of his training and will be full active duty. I didnt think much of it.

DH gets pulled aside this morning and was told that there was something wrong n the paperwork, and I am not fully enrolled in DEERS. They said all of my coverage and benefits will stop on March 5th and will start again once we resubmit the paperwork and it is filed properly.

They said that they need my SS card again and it needs to be reentered into the system. Well, I NEVER received my new SS card. I dont have one right now.

So they go into DH's "file" (idk what that is, apparently a file with all of his important paperwork in it) and then they realize that his whole file is missing!!!

I really wouldnt care I wouldnt mind waiting to get all of this sorted out, but IM PREGNANT. IM IN MY THIRD TRIMESTER!! You cant just all of a sudden stop my health insurance.

The lady that he was talking to was basically like well once she gets her new SS card then we can enroll her again and her coverage will start up. I called about never receiving my SS card and they told me that it was sent and to wait a couple more weeks. I got kind of pissy and then they told me I would need to file a claim blah blah, and it would take A COUPLE OF MONTHS MINIMUM!!!

Sorry, this kind of turned into a vent... What am I supposed to do??
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    When you went to get your new SS card did they give you a temporary form to use? The SS Office should be able to give you a form with your ss number and information to validate that you are waiting on a card and you can use this in place of your SS Card until you get it.
  3. Senior Member

you can always request a duplicate ss card. i have two...it's a safety precaution. one is filed away in our filing cabinet and the other is locked away just in case something were to happen to the other. i know that enrolling in deers doesn't take too long...we had the same issue with my son after he was born. they messed up and lost the paperwork and we had to refile. one of his appts. was during the time that we were told he was covered but when the paperwork didn't show up, they tried to bill us. well, once we brought in proof (our copies of deers enrollment paperwork), it got straightened out and now it's all good. do you have copies? ya know, the carbon copy paper they give you? that can be used as proof.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flangl18 View Post
    When you went to get your new SS card did they give you a temporary form to use? The SS Office should be able to give you a form with your ss number and information to validate that you are waiting on a card and you can use this in place of your SS Card until you get it.
    i have some temporary paper ( i think that is probably what youre talking about ) and thats what i used to enroll in the first place. i think that is what might be causing the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Blessed Ohana View Post
    you can always request a duplicate ss card. i have two...it's a safety precaution. one is filed away in our filing cabinet and the other is locked away just in case something were to happen to the other. i know that enrolling in deers doesn't take too long...we had the same issue with my son after he was born. they messed up and lost the paperwork and we had to refile. one of his appts. was during the time that we were told he was covered but when the paperwork didn't show up, they tried to bill us. well, once we brought in proof (our copies of deers enrollment paperwork), it got straightened out and now it's all good. do you have copies? ya know, the carbon copy paper they give you? that can be used as proof.
    do you know how long it took for you to get your duplicate card? thats a good idea to have one.

i dont have any copies of it, DH signed me up when he was in basic, it was all in his "file" that they keep talking about that is suddenly missing....
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I had to go apply for a new ss card when mine was stolen and I had it in less than 2 weeks. That was in fall 07. My work has foreigner applying for ss #'s and cards quite regularly (they're here with work visas) and I don't know of any slowdowns in the system.

Op, why didn't you have a ss card in the first place?
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rcwant2be View Post
    I had to go apply for a new ss card when mine was stolen and I had it in less than 2 weeks. That was in fall 07. My work has foreigner applying for ss #'s and cards quite regularly (they're here with work visas) and I don't know of any slowdowns in the system.

Op, why didn't you have a ss card in the first place?
    I applied for a new one when I changed my last name. They shredded the one with my old name when I applied.

why they told me 2 months then, it seemed like a really long time to me. I guess i will just have to ask for a 2nd one like someone else said, its good to hear that it shouldnt take that long.
  7. Senior Member
    They shredded your old SS card? Hmmm... I kept mine. The process to get a new SS card shouldn't be that bad or take that long - go straight to the SS office and they can give you a form letter with your info while you wait for a new card. TriCare should be able to back cover things if there is a lapse in service that was their fault.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Ahh. Makes sense. Another reason to not change my name when I get married.

Anyways, maybe google and see what the turn around time is supposed to be. I think my lil paper I got the day I applied said when to expect my new card. You aren't having your mail forwarded are you?

When did you apply for the new card?
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SrahsCat View Post
    They shredded your old SS card? Hmmm... I kept mine. The process to get a new SS card shouldn't be that bad or take that long - go straight to the SS office and they can give you a form letter with your info while you wait for a new card. TriCare should be able to back cover things if there is a lapse in service that was their fault.
    weird, thats the second time in a couple of days that someone mentioned their old card didnt get shredded...

the lady DH was talking to ( sorry i keep calling her the lady, im not exactly sure who she is ) said that after march 5th im not enrolled in DEERS anymore, so i am not eligible to get benefits, so im not sure if tricare would still back pay it. i dont understand
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rcwant2be View Post
    Ahh. Makes sense. Another reason to not change my name when I get married.

Anyways, maybe google and see what the turn around time is supposed to be. I think my lil paper I got the day I applied said when to expect my new card. You aren't having your mail forwarded are you?

When did you apply for the new card?
    nope i still havent officially changed my address since we are PCSing soon anyways, all of my mail is getting sent to my home address that i grew up in.

i applied for new card sometime in november
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast