Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BAH question

1. Senior Member

Help BAH question

Advertisements
    Hopefully I can make this make sense.

I checked DH's LES today and I noticed we are still getting Savannah BAH
    We PCS'd in December and I know we will have to give it back. Im just wondering, do we give it all back or just the difference between the Savannah BAH and Kansas BAH?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    You will have to give back the difference. Better start saving because they will just take it.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    You will have to give back the difference. Better start saving because they will just take it.
    I sent DH a text but he cant have his phone in class so who knows when he'll get it.
    I already know they will take it. I'm glad we have a bit of a cushion.
    Im glad it is just the difference though and not the full amount. THAT would have been painful.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    This happened to us when we moved from Wy to MT. They took over $200 because that was the difference. It will look weird on the LES statement but sit down and figure it out. Then you will know exactly what they want.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Also if the difference is going to be an amount that you cant afford for them to take all at once. If he gets to the finance office first he can have it set up so that they take smaller amounts over so many months.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    wait---- is he no longer stationed in Savanah and is he now stationed in KS or do you just live in KS?
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain. View Post
    I sent DH a text but he cant have his phone in class so who knows when he'll get it.
    I already know they will take it. I'm glad we have a bit of a cushion.
    Im glad it is just the difference though and not the full amount. THAT would have been painful.
    I don't know if it will be the same for you, at one point we had a overpayment for something *by $42* and they gave us the correct amount and then took the incorrect amount back. So we actually lost money that paycheck because they took the correct amount and the overpayment amount (the 42) back instead of just taking the 42.

It didn't make sense when we read it on the LES and it doesn't make sense to explain it since I am not them but when finance explained it to DH it did (I wasn't there so I don't know). So just be prepared just in case.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    wait---- is he no longer stationed in Savanah and is he now stationed in KS or do you just live in KS?
    We're stationed here in KS
  9. I Can See Clearly Now....The S**T Is Gone
    I Can See Clearly Now....The S**T Is Gone
    has he checked into his command yet?
  10. Senior Member
    Yea, hes done everything but started working in the dfac cause he needs 2 weeks of training before he can start.And hes already done a week of the training. Hes going to go on Monday and let them know it's wrong so they can correct it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast