Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: LES help

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Suspicious LES help

Advertisements
    Last month we got $600+ too much BAH now this month we not only have $634 less BAH but we also have $634 debt. If they're taking it back as debt shouldn't we still get our whole BAH?
  2. Senior Member
    Sounds like it. I'd call finance and have them check it out.
  3. ProudArmyWifeD
    If you look, it may just be that they have the amount twice in columns that cancel each other out. (For instance, we pay child support directly from DFAS, so it says the amount three times on the LES, and two of those times cancel each other out - it's just accounting stuff, debits and credits and all that jazz - and the money is actually just taken out once).

So I would just take a look at the bottom line and see if double has really been taken out or not.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudArmyWifeD View Post
    If you look, it may just be that they have the amount twice in columns that cancel each other out. (For instance, we pay child support directly from DFAS, so it says the amount three times on the LES, and two of those times cancel each other out - it's just accounting stuff, debits and credits and all that jazz - and the money is actually just taken out once).

So I would just take a look at the bottom line and see if double has really been taken out or not.
    You're right! I didn't think of that I've made that mistake before too.
  5. ProudArmyWifeD
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerchild View Post
    You're right! I didn't think of that I've made that mistake before too.
    No problem! Glad that was it, and you didn't have to hassle with finance!!!!!
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I figured it out. It has half the BAH listed as BAH and the other half listed as advance debt. Having debt in the entitlement section threw me off. It's only our second LES in WA and the first one was screwed up so I wasn't sure how much the total should be.