Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tricare Question

1. Homecoming just around the corner..cant wait!
    Homecoming just around the corner..cant wait!

Tricare Question

Advertisements
    Ok so my husband and I were talking today and he was hearing from one of his buddies whose wife is also pregnant that basically we are having to pay half of the labor/delivery costs unless we had the baby on base. From what we thought..Tricare covered the costs as long as you were seeing an OB approved by them, and of course giving birth at a hospital they approved. Does anyone know about this? I would call the insurance company, but they are closed today and now I'm just curios.
  2. Senior Member
    i dont know but I will it for ya

No one is guaranteed happiness. You can pursue it, but if you happen to find success along the way on that road to happiness, Conservatives believe you should not be demonized or penalized for it.
    Glenn Beck
  3. Homecoming just around the corner..cant wait!
    Thank you Aww you are 15 wks pregnant to? I'm almost at 16 wks now.
  4. Formerly known as stapletonlove
    Formerly known as stapletonlove
    I know that I have Tricare Prime and here we have to give birth and go to doctors on post unless someone is high risk.

5. Senior Member
    One thing I THINK i read on the tricare website, was that you only have to pay like $25 plus food you eat at the hospital. And that everything else is covered....dont quote me on that though....

No one is guaranteed happiness. You can pursue it, but if you happen to find success along the way on that road to happiness, Conservatives believe you should not be demonized or penalized for it.
    Glenn Beck
  6. Homecoming just around the corner..cant wait!
    I have that type as well, but I'm not near post at the moment. My husband deployed so at the moment I'm here in Houston staying with family
  7. You may call me "Lippy"
    You may call me "Lippy"
    I am on Tricare Prime. My OB and the hospital (non-military) are tricare providers. I haven't had to pay a copay for any of my visits and I have been pre-approved at the hospital. I wasn't under the impression that we would have to pay anything.
    I would like to be with my for a while but thats what made me so tired in the first place!
  8. Homecoming just around the corner..cant wait!
    Yeah thats the same thing I thought. I don't pay any co pays either. I had to make sure though because after his friend had said something it kinda had me and my husband second guessing.
  9. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    If you're on Tricare Standard, then there are co-pays...

For Tricare Prime, I know it's completely covered if you're seen at an MTF or if you're referred to a civilian Tricare approved provider...
  10. Banned
    Banned
    there are three different types of tricare- standard = out of pocket co-pays up to a ceritan dollar amount ( 1500 I think)
    tricare prime- if you have a MTF then you will use that for all your prenatal and delivery needs- tricare prime no MTF- you will use a tricare approved dr and hospital - there will be ZERO out of pocket costs

tricare Prime remote- for those far from MTFs and limited service areas again no cost shares with this.

DD had her baby in Aug, we are tricare Prime with no prenatal care at our MTF- there was not any cost share- not even for food and she was in the hospital for 6 days.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast