Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Tricare starting out?

1. Incubating...
    Incubating...

Help Tricare starting out?

Advertisements
    OK so...I signed up for Tricare online, looked up my Dr and she accepts it (I am on Standard right now till we get our duty station). Do I need to wait till I get something in the mail? Do I need to call them to list her as my provider? Do I need to call tricare to make an appointment with my Civilian Dr??

I don't know how any of this works, I am lost.

Also, how do I sign up for Dental? I have no information on that and need dental benefits.

I already have my ID card, but if anyone could help me get started with Tricare and what I am supposed to do I would really appreciate it....I am soooo lost.
  2. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    For your Dr, just call and make an appointment and inform them of an insurance change and they should do the paperwork.

As for dental, I don't remember since I think my husband set it up for us it was too long ago

3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    To sign up for dental go to this website http://www.tricaredentalprogram.com/tdptws/home.jsp
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    http://humanamilitary.com/

Go to the line under Beneficiary that says "find a provider" click,

then look for the line under the "Tricare network provider" that says, by distance from zipcode, click

then put in your information to find a network provider.

You can see anydoctor, but I belive if it's in network they cover 85%...if it's out of network, they cover 80%

PM me if you need more help, or if this doesn't make sense!
  5. Incubating...
    Incubating...
    Quote Originally Posted by Germanchick View Post
    To sign up for dental go to this website http://www.tricaredentalprogram.com/tdptws/home.jsp
    Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dannysgirl322 View Post
    http://humanamilitary.com/

Go to the line under Beneficiary that says "find a provider" click,

then look for the line under the "Tricare network provider" that says, by distance from zipcode, click

then put in your information to find a network provider.

You can see anydoctor, but I belive if it's in network they cover 85%...if it's out of network, they cover 80%

PM me if you need more help, or if this doesn't make sense!
    Oh I already found my dr, my current dr takes it, I got that far. But do I need to select a Primary Care Physician or anything before I can use the benefits? And I thought it was copay based. Don't I get ANY paperwork sent to me on what is covered and what is not?? Because I have received nothing and the website doesn't have too much info or seem to be finished being developed.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by swtkty217 View Post
    Thank you!!!

Oh I already found my dr, my current dr takes it, I got that far. But do I need to select a Primary Care Physician or anything before I can use the benefits? And I thought it was copay based. Don't I get ANY paperwork sent to me on what is covered and what is not?? Because I have received nothing and the website doesn't have too much info or seem to be finished being developed.

You have to sign up for Prime. If you do, then you will have to let them assign you a doctor that is usually a military doctor unless you get a referral to see a civilian doctor. With Prime there are NO copays.

With Standard you can see whoever you want without referrals, but there is a copay. I suppose it's just the percentage, not entirely sure. I'm going on the 20th to my obgyn, and they told me I'll have to pay the annual deductible of $50.00.

This is my understanding thus far. On that website you can check the basic things that they will or won't cover, but if it's routine....you can pretty much assume it will be covered.

oh and you need your military ID. That's what they said I would be using as my "insurance card"...
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I didn't get paperwork explaining things until I was enrolled in Prime. The doctor's office is probably familiar with Tricare since they accept it. There is no insurance card. As long as you are in DEERS you have Standard and use your ID as the "policy".

Dental's still a pain in my butt. I made a thread about it just now, actually.

Hope you get everything worked out!!
  8. Incubating...
    Incubating...
    Quote Originally Posted by dannysgirl322 View Post
    You have to sign up for Prime. If you do, then you will have to let them assign you a doctor that is usually a military doctor unless you get a referral to see a civilian doctor. With Prime there are NO copays.

With Standard you can see whoever you want without referrals, but there is a copay. I suppose it's just the percentage, not entirely sure. I'm going on the 20th to my obgyn, and they told me I'll have to pay the annual deductible of $50.00.

This is my understanding thus far. On that website you can check the basic things that they will or won't cover, but if it's routine....you can pretty much assume it will be covered.

oh and you need your military ID. That's what they said I would be using as my "insurance card"...

Yeah I knew about the ID as my insurance card. But that is good to know that with Standard I don't need to select a primary care. We are going to switch me once we get to his duty station, but right now the closest base is about 45 mins away at WPAFB so he set me up with standard. OK, I will call my Dr's office. I still have my benefits thru work, I have been waiting till I had all the details to cancel lol. I am so freaking lost lol!
  9. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Quote Originally Posted by swtkty217 View Post
    Yeah I knew about the ID as my insurance card. But that is good to know that with Standard I don't need to select a primary care. We are going to switch me once we get to his duty station, but right now the closest base is about 45 mins away at WPAFB so he set me up with standard. OK, I will call my Dr's office. I still have my benefits thru work, I have been waiting till I had all the details to cancel lol. I am so freaking lost lol!
    You can still have prime. It's called Tricare Prime Remote and it applies if you are more than 50 (I think, could be less) miles from the closest MTF(Military Treatment Facility). They assign you to a civilian doctor as your PCM instead. I've had it before.

You should call tricare and ask if your doc is a tricare prime doc and if you can get assigned to her as your PCM/PCP (Primary Care Manager/Primary Care Physician). It would save you the co-pay money.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  10. Incubating...
    Incubating...
    Quote Originally Posted by PeppermintRei View Post
    You can still have prime. It's called Tricare Prime Remote and it applies if you are more than 50 (I think, could be less) miles from the closest MTF(Military Treatment Facility). They assign you to a civilian doctor as your PCM instead. I've had it before.

You should call tricare and ask if your doc is a tricare prime doc and if you can get assigned to her as your PCM/PCP (Primary Care Manager/Primary Care Physician). It would save you the co-pay money.
    Sweet,that is good to know. I will call them ASAP and ask!!