Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What to do???

1. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico

What to do???

Advertisements
    Is there a line where I can get consultation or something over the phone? J woke up like 30 min ago with a very bad stomach pain and started throwing up, no diahreas though. I have no idea what to do no fever either but he feels kinda cold and a little shaky. Should I take him to the hospital or you don't think is that big of a deal. He just want me to give him a break for a little bit to see if he feels better. Any suggestions?
  2. I'm too cool for words
    I'm too cool for words
    Where is the pain? Is it in the lower abdomen, like around the appendix region? Did he eat anything different today?

I would see how he does. If he continues throwing up and has constant abdominal pain, I would go to the ER.
  3. I'm too cool for words
    I'm too cool for words
    Can he keep water down?
  4. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    The pain is in his whole stomach like when you eat something bad. I just gave him some water a min ago, lets see. We both had calamari which I'm thinking that was it but I'm fine. I dunno what to do, this is all new to me
  5. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    and I thought if it was food poison or something like that you would get diahrrea too.
  6. I'm too cool for words
    I'm too cool for words
    Well , I know that if it's food poisoning, it takes at least 7 hours for that to kick in. That's what Bill has told me. Did you have the calamari for Lunch or Dinner? If you had it for lunch, that might be it. If he can hold down the water, than that's good. Unfortunately with food poisoning, there's nothing you can do, except ride it out. Of course I'm not a doctor, but I learned some of this stuff from Bill .

If it gets worse, I would call the Tricare nurse line.
  7. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    We had the calamari around 4pm, water is still down. Thank you so much Sarah! I feel so dumb and such a bad wife for not knowing
  8. I'm too cool for words
    I'm too cool for words
    You're welcome Shaky . Bill has given me pointers when it comes to medical stuff. I even read his Medical books for the hell of it sometimes..lol. Plus being a parent really helps, since kids tend to get sick and throw up

OMG, you are NOT a bad wife. Don't even think that! It's kinda scary seeing your loved one throwing up and in pain. I hope J feels better soon
  9. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    It is scary, I don't want him to be like me either, I do NOT go to a hospital unless I feel I'm dying. I don't have kids or have never have to take care of anyone sick like this. It's scary when I didn't even know where was the hospital around till I just asked him I guess this is how I learn He is laying down now, still with pain but water is still down. He feels cold though. Thank you Sarah!!
  10. I'm too cool for words
    I'm too cool for words
    So, he's not running a fever? Just cold? If he feels worse, seriously, I would go to the ER, just to be safe. I had to do that to Bill once. He NEVER goes unless it's absolutely necessary. I made him go, since he couldn't stop vomiting and was in pain. You don't want J to get dehydrated, but it is a very good sign he is keeping the liquids down.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast