Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Referral for GYN

1. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Referral for GYN

Advertisements
    Okay i feel stupid for asking this cause I should know this answer...

Okay now that I'm in Texas and I'm seeing a civilian dr do I have her put the referral in to see a GYN or do I just look up a GYN that takes Tricare and make the appointment? I'm so confused...

I'm sorry for the dumb question ladies.. I'm just not used to this yet.. I was used to dealing with military drs and this referral thing just being so much easier coming from a naval hospital and not a civilian dr.

TIA.
  2. Senior Member
    K, not sure how it works out in town. With medical on base for active duty, you have an appt with your PCM and they put in a referral for OBGYN if its something that fallls out of their realm. Meaning, PCM handles "general" items (i.e. pap smear, etc) whereas OBGYN would have something specialized. A

My Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thanks hon.. I think I'm just going to call Tricare in the morning. I need to get seen for an annual pap smear. UGHH..
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NewBeginnings View Post
    Thanks hon.. I think I'm just going to call Tricare in the morning. I need to get seen for an annual pap smear. UGHH..
    pap is a routine procedure/appointment and for active duty at medical, the PCM handles that with a standby. they would typically only refer you to obgyn if there is something abnormal that they themselves (the PCM) cannot correct or the issue is not resolving, etc.

My Sweetheart

5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by USNIwife View Post
    pap is a routine procedure/appointment and for active duty at medical, the PCM handles that with a standby. they would typically only refer you to obgyn if there is something abnormal that they themselves (the PCM) cannot correct or the issue is not resolving, etc.
    Ok then I should have my PCM do the pap??
  6. Senior Member
    Ok then I should have my PCM do the pap??
    That's my understanding?! but you know K, I just had my baby back in November. OBGYN did that stuff....I'm going to guess and tell you yes, I'm 95% sure, PCM does that it's a standard/routine procedure. I may be wrong. But, thinking I'm right actually.

My Sweetheart

7. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    no prob hon.. I need to call my dr anyway so I can ask them when I call. Push come to shove I'll just call Tricare
  8. Senior Member
    no prob hon.. I need to call my dr anyway so I can ask them when I call. Push come to shove I'll just call Tricare
    I'd say just call the appt line make the appt with the PCM and than call the clinic direct after the appt and confirm?! hun

My Sweetheart

9. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Call your doctor to see if those procedures are performed in their office.

When I was in San Diego, I saw a civilian PCM. I went to her if I was sick and also got paps preformed by her..
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by USNIwife View Post
    I'd say just call the appt line make the appt with the PCM and than call the clinic direct after the appt and confirm?! hun
    Yeah see in VA that's all I had to do was call the apt line tell them what I needed and bam an apt was made. I don't know if its that easier now that I'm on Tricare Prime Remote.. ..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast