Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tricare and PCSing in pregnancy?

1. Senior Member

Help Tricare and PCSing in pregnancy?

Advertisements
    Soooo I have no clue how this works. We are waiting on my husbands orders, and then I will be moving. He was told he would get his orders anywhere from 2 weeks from now to 6 weeks from now. So when I move I will be between 27 and 32 weeks pregnant. I clearly need to get set up with a doctor ASAP.

I know when you move you need to switch your tricare region, does that usually take a while? Can I do that before we move?

Will I be able to see a doctor right away?

Im really confused how to all of this works, HELP!!
  2. Senior Member
    I changed my region on the tricare website, just by changing my address. As far as a doctor goes you will have to contact the MTF and see if they want to see you there or out in town

No one is guaranteed happiness. You can pursue it, but if you happen to find success along the way on that road to happiness, Conservatives believe you should not be demonized or penalized for it.
    Glenn Beck
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inmansgirl06 View Post
    I changed my region on the tricare website, just by changing my address. As far as a doctor goes you will have to contact the MTF and see if they want to see you there or out in town
    so after i change my address my region will change automatically?

i called tricare and they couldnt tell me much because we dont know exactly where we are going yet. i know that we will be somewhere in the tricare west region though.

do these things usually take a while? im just worried that i will have to wait too long to see a new dr.
  4. Senior Member
    cuz im inpatient
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    cause that baby needs to KNOW! lol....
  6. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

we moved from OCONUS to Utah when I was preggo. With tricare, we just went to the office on base and they told us we could make appointments as early as the next day. However, to get a referral to an OB, I had to make an appointment with my PCM. Tricare were trying to get me to go to one of those "welcome to pregnancy" classes, but my PCM's nurse told them that I had already been to one at our last base and seeing as though I also had a baby less than 1 yr old at home it was just a waist of their time and money for me to go. All I can really say is to get things sorted when you get to your base and not worry about that now, there is soo many other things for you to worry about, including moving.

7. Senior Member
    Thankfully now there are only 3 Tricare regions in the US,(there used to be like 12) So if you guys move with in the same region, you can either call or go online and update your address and pick a new PCM(I prefer calling, since its instantly). Then I would call the OB clinic, or your new PCM to let them know that you just PCS'ed and that your ___ weeks pregnant. They will hopefully get you in with in a few days.

If you do move to a new region you will have to fill out the paperwork, that you can print off the internet, and either bring to the Tricare office or fax it in. And it takes about 3 business days. And then I would call the OB or your PCM like I said above.

Last year I moved when I was 20 weeks pregnant with the girls, and I moved this year when I was 16 weeks pregnant. Its all pretty simple. Make sure you get copies of your OB records, which are more important right now than your normal medical records. The records department can always request your normal records but sometime(as it has been with me) its hard to get your OB/ Pregnancy records.
  8. Senior Member
    Really sweetie, when you get to your accepting base go to the hospital, get with tricare and make sure you are in their system for that hospital.

But if you have any problems between the time you get there and when you know who you are meant to be seeing or whatever, go to the ER. They won't deny you and you deal with tricare afterward.
  9. Senior Member
    thanks everyone for your help. so i guess the plan will be to go to the tricare office near me as soon as i get there and get everything set up. thanks i definetly made this seem more difficult than it is.
  10. Senior Member
    Part of my hubby's in-processing was them making him go to the tricare office on base to get me enrolled in the system since I was in a different region before, and then we were automatically enrolled, and depending on whether the base has an OB on base or not you might have to wait 7-10 days to get the referral to go to the OB off base you choose.. if you go to minot (which i believe another post said you might) all the OB care is done off base

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast