Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: child support/ health insurance ISSUES

1. Regular Member
    he's at camp casey in Korea im here in Mass :(
    Blog Entries

child support/ health insurance ISSUES

Advertisements
    Well me and my son's father are no longer together and after 20 months we finally went to court for child support and health insurance. Now he left me high and dry so i am currently on welfare and have mass health. (states health insurance for low income families)

my sons father is a patholigical liar and will do whatever it takes to screw me and my son over so that he doesnt have to pay and gets away with whatever. He just got married a month or so ago to a girl he has known for 6 months. And oh man does she hate me. Ever since they have been together she has been telling him to get custody of jaeden and all that. Now baby daddy has seen jaeden literally 8 times since he has been born granted he has been in boot camp, korea for a year and now washington but he has been home all together with his leave time and stuff prob 3 months and every time he came home he saw jaeden maybe once. This most recent time he saw jaeden once when we went out to dinner with him and his wife my son and my boyfriend he didnt sit next to him he let his wife who knows nothing about children and was yelling at me because i wasnt wipping the ketchup off his face while he was eating now any normal person would know a just about 20 month old makes a god damn mess when they eat and theres not point in fighting with them to wipe their face every bite they eat ... anyways im getting off the subject.

he was ordered to pay 400 a month and to give jaeden health insurance. I recieved a phone call from him yesterday telling me that he could not do anything about the health insurance until he recieved the new birth cert. (which he didnt sign when our son was born because he was to busy cheating on me and getting high on heroin) Now he has a form with the paternity results on it saying that its his son he has a letter from the judge saying that its his son. HE is suppose to call the dept of rev and give them his new address but he doesnt have one yet ... how he doesnt have an address when hes been there for almost a month im not sure. I told him to give them the address of whoevers place you were staying and hes just lazy and wants to get away with this as long as possible. So then he tells me the cheapest insurance plan would cost him 200 a month for Jaeden alone. Not for him, jaeden and his wife ... just jaeden. Now this sounds like a load of crap to me ... one of my buddies is in the army well now hes in the reserves and hes off doing his one weekend a month and he was getting the info for me but i figured id ask here and find out if he is lying because hes telling me if its 200 a month just for jaeden hes taking me back to court cuz he isnt paying 400 a month and 200 for insurance ... but he also got out of paying 2 years of back support so i think its only fair he pays all of this I raised and payed for our son alone for the first almost 2 years i think its only fair he now helps out.

so if u dont want to read my compete venting. i need to know how much it cost to carry only my son on army health insurance and if i can help speed this process up by sending the needed proof of jaeden being his son.

thanks
    kait

you my everything always and forever
    1*28*06

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Just as an FYI, you cannot post the same exact thread in different area's of the site, if you need responses now, post it once and then bump... just remeber it takes a while for people to see a thread

to the post...

he is lying through his teeth to you, if he is army, any of his defendants are covered free (or fairly cheap)... he will need to pay backchild support, so in the end he is really only screwing himself... have you contacted and of the army relief groups to help... i know he isnt your spouse, but i would think they could still help for his child...
  3. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Army health insurance is free to active duty dependants.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  4. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    Wow that took forever and a day to get through, but if you have a court order for your son to receive health insurance and he is not providing it then really you have two options...

1. You contact his command with the appropriate paperwork from the courts.
    2. You just wait it out and let the child support back up and add on arrears till he finally gets attached by the state issuing CS by a wage assessment. Really all child support should be done by a wage assessment to ensure that child support is paid in a timely fashion.
    3. Contact the nearest lawyer and search legal counsel for contacting his command if you don't want to do it yourself and save the hassle of doing the footwork.

Tricare, the military's health insurance, is free to all AD and their dependents. You only pay a portion for United Concordia, which is the dental insurance. There are fees at times if the procedure or the doctor is not covered by tricare.

I'm confused, how is it 20 months of court if you were just planning on going to korea back in June of 2008? Or was that a different relationship

5. Banned
    Banned
    Ah, the dreaded multi-post --- I replied to your post in the other forum.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I answered in the other thread too. Now I cant find it to copy paste my answer.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2Bailey View Post
    I answered in the other thread too. Now I cant find it to copy paste my answer.
    I think it got deleted?
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Your post would have been a lot easier to read and understand if you stuck with facts and didn't try to trash your ex and his new wife. Really, you're going to have a hard time getting what you want/need if the strongest point people get out of your rant is that he's an asshole. Facts, just facts, without the editorial comments.

If he's AD Army, he doesn't have to pay anything to get his son on his health insurance (or possibly, they might take something like $20 a month from his check). However, he DOES have to list the child as his dependent, which will require the boy's birth certificate.

If he's challenging paternity, then you may have a financial fight on your hands, if he hasn't said or done anything acknowledging the baby is his. If he acknowledges paternity, then he should be able to give you a fax number or address where you can send a certified copy of the baby's birth certificate.

If you are collecting welfare and using state insurance, you can and should ask their assistance in tracking down the baby's father. The taxpayers of Mass have the right to not be covering these expenses that should be covered by the baby's father, and if you involve the state welfare agencies in this, they probably have other ways of squeezing some blood out of this turnip.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Your post would have been a lot easier to read and understand if you stuck with facts and didn't try to trash your ex and his new wife. Really, you're going to have a hard time getting what you want/need if the strongest point people get out of your rant is that he's an asshole. Facts, just facts, without the editorial comments.

If he's AD Army, he doesn't have to pay anything to get his son on his health insurance (or possibly, they might take something like $20 a month from his check). However, he DOES have to list the child as his dependent, which will require the boy's birth certificate.

If he's challenging paternity, then you may have a financial fight on your hands, if he hasn't said or done anything acknowledging the baby is his. If he acknowledges paternity, then he should be able to give you a fax number or address where you can send a certified copy of the baby's birth certificate.

If you are collecting welfare and using state insurance, you can and should ask their assistance in tracking down the baby's father. The taxpayers of Mass have the right to not be covering these expenses that should be covered by the baby's father, and if you involve the state welfare agencies in this, they probably have other ways of squeezing some blood out of this turnip.

IYOU!! You are all knowing!!
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Reserves pay around 200 a month for family coverage for Tricare. It cost 80 something a month for single person coverage. We just looked into this so I know this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast