Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: health benefits

1. Proud of my man and loving him!
    Proud of my man and loving him!

Confused health benefits

Advertisements
    Health insurance question. DH is stationed at Benning and set to graduate Jan 30, he has a bunch more training before the kids and I can move and be with him. So we were under the understanding that we could just go to our regular doctors here as long as they take our type of insurance and it would be covered 100%. However, after going and doing so, I'm now getting a statement that says I have to pay a portion of the bill b/c I didn't go to a base....there isn't one for hundreds of miles and I can't live with him yet b/c he's training!! Totally confused at this point, anyone with an answer would be very helpful. If I have to pay a percentage then thats fine, but why didn't someone tell me that when I asked? I didn't have to go right then, I would have waited until we moved and gone on base. Are we covered 100% if we go to an Army doctor on base? Can someone please set me straight I'm so confused
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Are you on Tricare Prime or Standard?
  3. Proud of my man and loving him!
    Not sure, how do I figure that out?
  4. Banned
    Banned
    you are automatically put on tricare standard- this has co pays and out of pocket costs-
    you need to be on prime or prime remote- you need to call a tricare office to change -

you can go to the tricare website ( just google tricare) and get the number to call.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    You are automatically on Standard as soon as you're in DEERS. You have to ACTUALLY sign up for Prime. If you have not signed up for Prime and chosen a PCP, you will be on Standard and have to pay the deductible/copay.
  6. Proud of my man and loving him!
    Since he is active duty he is already enrolled in Prime, is that right? I called and they said I have to go to the website upon doing so I see that active duty service members are required to enroll. I just want to make sure I fill our the form correctly since they told me it won't take effect until March
  7. Banned
    Banned
    yes the AD member is always Prime- but the dependants are not- so you wil just need to make sure that you are in PRIME or PRIME REMOTE before changing