Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Tricare Question

1. Lilithdrff

Tricare Question

Advertisements
    forgive me if there's a new forum for questions, feel free to move this if it doesn't belong here.

Anyway, here it goes. I'm moving back to California in February, since DH is going on a long deployment.
    How do I go about switching to doctors down in Cali? we have Tricare Prime. We'll be moving back to WA when he comes back. I'm just wondering how big of a hassle this will be.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    It shouldn't be that big of a hassle. I have done it a few times. Go to Medical records on base where you are now, and let them know that you are going to be away while your Dh is on deployment. Either they will mail you your records or they may mail them to the military facility that you will be going to. If there is no place around there you may just need to ask them what you should do.
  3. Lilithdrff
    There's no military fascilities where I'm going, at least not Navy. I think there's an Army base about an hour away, but doesn't have a hospital. Mmmm when DH comes home from work-ups I'll have him go talk to the Tricare folks. I hate dealing with them, I always end up with a headache.
    Hopefully he'll have time before he deploys to go and suffer the Tricare run-around, lol. Poor guy.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    what part of CA you going to?
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    it's not a hassle at all. all you have to do is, when you get there. go to the local tricare office and tell them you need to change PCM's. they will help pick dr's and such. and when you go back, after you get there do the same thing. it's easy, and the change goes into effect that day.
  6. pouncy0510
    Yes, be sure you chage your PCM through tricare before choosing a new provider. I went through that when i was living in MN for a while. I was hugely misinformed that i had to fill out some forms to change it all over and i ended up with lots of medical bills, that i am still trying to fight, because a Tricare Rep. told me all i had to do was find a provder and make an appointment...
  7. Lilithdrff
    Ok, I'll make sure to get a new PCM. I'm going to stay in Upland, Cali for a while.