Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Tricare

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Tricare

Advertisements
    I got my statement in the mail the other day. you know the one telling you how much the visit was and how much tricare covered.. well it says that I owe like 73 bucks to the doctor when i took jacob in.. This was when I was out of town( i got approval too) BUT with that statment they send me like a 61 dollar check in my dh's name.

Anybody know what the hell they are doing??????????? Im so confused???
  2. Georgia Peach
    Georgia Peach
    I would just call them and be like what is up with this?! They'll work it out with you. They're pretty nice. But I had to end up paying a little bit, because I had to go to the ER without a notice.
  3. Senior Member
    did you pay your co-pay during the visit? if so you may have paid to much and the check is a rebate check. sometimes the doctors office has to kinda "eat" what ever isn't covered thru tricare also sometimes they over estimate your copay and that could be the reason for the rebate check also.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I dont have a Co pay... what we do pay i think comes out of dhs pay..... we have Tricare Prime.
  5. Cheeseburger in Paradise
    Cheeseburger in Paradise
    Blog Entries
    if they didn't cover the whole visit it doesn't necessarily mean that you owe the dr. that much money, that's just what tricare didn't pay. the doctor is the one who will have to send you a bill and usually they won't if tricare paid for most of the service. and i think in some cases they can't charge you if tricare paid for most of the service.

the check is probably for you to pay to the doctor. how much did it say that tricare covered? if i remember right they will say they cover a certain amount but they don't pay the doctor directly and send you a check to pay to the doctor.

if i'm wrong on all of this i'd just call to figure it out.
  6. snow_sprite
    Thats really wierd... my girls go to Childrens (off base) for medical care and I dont pay anything.. no co-pay or anything..
    I dunno.. Tricare is so stinkin wierd..