Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please help..

1. Member
    Me: Las Vegas, NV DH: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD

Question Please help..

Advertisements
    I am freaking out right now! My husbands recruiter just told him that it might take up to 6 weeks for his first paycheck to come in while he is in basic. I dont have a job because I'm in the nursing program at my school and that takes up all my time. My question is, will his first paycheck include the BAH or does he have to do another step for that to kick in? How much does an E3 usually make per check? and finally, how much money should I set aside just in case it takes longer than 6 weeks?
  2. Senior Member
    Im not sure, but I hope things get worked out for you sweetie
    Gotta look this life in the eye.
  3. Senior Member
    He's going in as an E3? It can take that amount of time because of the processing of the paperwork and where it falls in the pay periods.

I would set aside what you need for each months daily living expenses (gas, food, monthly bills) and to be on the safe side at least 2-3 months worth.
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
  4. Member
    Yes, he is going in as en E3 because he had 3 years of JROTC during high school. ok, so to be on the safe side, 2-3 months huh?...well then its time for us to start saving...lol... He leaves November 3rd.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaaau View Post
    He's going in as an E3? It can take that amount of time because of the processing of the paperwork and where it falls in the pay periods.

I would set aside what you need for each months daily living expenses (gas, food, monthly bills) and to be on the safe side at least 2-3 months worth.

and prepare for pay to fluctuate too. especially for the first few months. it took a while for my dh's pay checks to become consistent.

6. Happily ever after, no matter what
    Happily ever after, no matter what
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyWife702 View Post
    I am freaking out right now! My husbands recruiter just told him that it might take up to 6 weeks for his first paycheck to come in while he is in basic. I dont have a job because I'm in the nursing program at my school and that takes up all my time. My question is, will his first paycheck include the BAH or does he have to do another step for that to kick in? How much does an E3 usually make per check? and finally, how much money should I set aside just in case it takes longer than 6 weeks?
    Dh went in as an E3, and his base pay is right around $1500, before BAH. You can go to a few websites and find out the BAH rates for where you live currently. We got his first paycheck right about a month to six weeks after he left. His recruiter was really good about some things, and he said that sometimes you can get temp assistance if you can not do anything else. His first check should include BAH, because the first few days of basic involve all of his paperwork and what not.

try this one
    http://perdiem.hqda.pentagon.mil/perdiem/bah.html

Wife to Jay, Momma to
    Chelsey
    (17) Thomas (13) Jake (9)
    Aidan (4)

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by missybee77 View Post
    Dh went in as an E3, and his base pay is right around $1500, before BAH. You can go to a few websites and find out the BAH rates for where you live currently. We got his first paycheck right about a month to six weeks after he left. His recruiter was really good about some things, and he said that sometimes you can get temp assistance if you can not do anything else. His first check should include BAH, because the first few days of basic involve all of his paperwork and what not.

try this one
    http://perdiem.hqda.pentagon.mil/perdiem/bah.html
    Is that $1500 per check or monthly? Thats good that they provide temporary assistance. I sure as heck dont want to fall behind ony my bills. Thanks for the website!
  8. Married to a Naval Officer
    Married to a Naval Officer
    Just curious... I think I read somewhere here that they don't get BAH until after Basic. Kinda got me .
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyWife702 View Post
    Is that $1500 per check or monthly? Thats good that they provide temporary assistance. I sure as heck dont want to fall behind ony my bills. Thanks for the website!
    Base pay is monthly.
  10. Married to a Naval Officer
    Married to a Naval Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by CAmom4721 View Post
    Base pay is monthly.
    And that would be before taxes.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast