Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Lakes girls

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Great Lakes girls

Advertisements
    Does anyone know where I am supposed to go to make a complaint about care given from the new ER??

Thanks
  2. Senior Member
    No. I have never been there. I hope you and your family are ok.
    blinkies by Britt
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Hah no thanks to them.

I have had a severe sore throat for 2 weeks now. E has had some of my same symptoms. dry cough etc.

Well today I notice white pus pockets on my tonisls so we go in...

Lets start.....5 receptionists...None of which knew what they were doing....Then I get vitals taken. this took forever as she had to type everything all over again. Oh and it isnt all by your SO SSN. It is yours, or your childs etc. it is by individual so make sure you know your kids SSN if you bring them in...

Then I go back to another nurse station and answer same questions. Then I am taken into a room. See a Dr. He looks at my throat and says I need a throat culture and so does my son so we have to go into the ER itself. Umm ok. Go in there. A dr comes in. checks my throat, ears, lungs etc all over again. Asks me all the same questions. Says he cant look at my son cuz he isnt allowed to see kids. So someone else will. He leaves. Comes back and takes a rapid strep. Tells me I cant take anything cuz I am first trimester pregnant blah blah blah. Leaves. Rod was checking E in. This took an hour darn near to get him checked in. My dr comes back 30 minutes later to say that my rapid strep would be back in 20 minutes. A dr finally comes and looks at Ethan. Says his throat is red but he is gonna say viral. Lungs are clear etc. Then gets ANOTHER dr. This guy says it is impossible for E to get strep because he is under 3. Says his lungs are clear etc Then says he wants a CHEST XRAY?!? WTF for? He left. We are sitting there. Its late. And not how I want to spend my bday. The guy seeing me comes back and says my rapid is negative but they are running a full one which will be back in 2 days. I cant take anything. And even if I had strep I couldnt since I cant take penicillin. I asked why zithromax was on my ob list and he said he didnt know but I cant since I am in the strong development phase of pregnany. He leaves. No one came to discharge me. I finally go up fron and told the Dr I didnt want a chest xray on my son we would take him to peds. He got pissed and said only if I promised to have him into peds. He was doing it for my comfort but whatever. I promised. I asked for our discharge papers and he said wait. We went back to the room. A nurse comes back with a cup and asks for me to do a urine. umm WHY?! Hello?!?! No! We wait another 15 minutes. I sign my discharge papers FINALLY. Then we are on our way out and another nurse stops us and says no cuz E has to have a chest xray. So we told her no he isnt getting it so she goes to ask the dr and he says :They are refusing it. let them go" so she got snotty and said "They apparently dont want it for their kid...so I guess they can go...

So we left.

I am beyond pissed. And I am complaining. We saw 4 different dr's, 3 nurses. NO ONE TALKSW TO ANYONE. And do they even know WTF THEY ARE DOING? and WHY did I have to go see a Dr to be taken to the er to be seen by another Dr does that make sense??? WTF?
  4. RockstarMom

I'm sorry Kristi! I hope you all start feeling better soon! GL SUCKS!!
  5. Senior Member
    I am so sorry. I would go talk to the command at the hospital on the base. If they are not the right people then they should know who the right people are. And just so you know I have a friend who has 2 boys who have gotten strep every year since they were born and usally 3+ times a year. Children under 3 can and do get strep.
    blinkies by Britt
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I am pretty sure they were all civilians. This is at the VA. The new emergency center or whatever. Oh and to make matters worse. There were only 3 patients including me in there. And all those other people working there. And it took them that long and they were that confused

I am so sick. My chest hurts, my throat hurts, I have been sick for 2 weeks now and I swear to god if something happens to my baby cuz I went undiagnosed I am gonna FLIP. So I guess now I wait til friday when I have an appt with my OBGYN.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Sounds like NAS Jax. Iam sorry and hope you feel better.
  8. Senior Member
    Oh my gosh Kristi thats just awful. I would do what Amber said to do. That is a bunch of crap. Would it be possable for you to make an apointment for today or tomorrow? Thats what I do if one of us needs to be seen. Geez I hope we never need to go there in a real emergency. I hope you get the meds you and Ethan need. Also I hope you know they are full of crap about Ethan getting strep, anyone can get strep.
  9. Senior Member
    Kristi- I was just thinking next time go to Lake Forest. I went to the old ER after being reaerended while preg. and they told me while I am preg. to go to Lake Forest for everything. I would take E with you and tell them that your DH had duty or something and you were both going in either way. I am so sorry that happened to you.
    blinkies by Britt
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Yeah I know I shoulda gone to LF but I didnt want to cuz I have an appt on friday anyhow. But my throat was literally killing me. I cant even describe the pain. Oh wait yeah I can. As a former smoker...it felt like someone was putting out their lit smokes on my throat. And then when I saw those pussy pockets along my tonsils...I still have em. So I will just ask my OB on friday to find out whats going on. And yes I know this guy is full of shit about kids not getting strep under 3. I emailed E's dr EXACTLY what this guy did and said.

Now to boot I think I have a virus on my pc. gotta go try to fix it. this is the longest its let me stay on and I gotta restart to run nortons and I am dreading restarting...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast