Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: question about moving

1. Member

question about moving

Advertisements
    I will be married to my fiance in March. I will not be moving to Germany with him, but will be moving back to the east coast to be closer to our family. Does the Army only pay for moving expenses if they tell you to move?

If they won't help me move, does anyone know where I can find a good dicount on moving?

Thanks!
    "To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
  2. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by gianeen1 View Post
    I will be married to my fiance in March. I will not be moving to Germany with him, but will be moving back to the east coast to be closer to our family. Does the Army only pay for moving expenses if they tell you to move?

If they won't help me move, does anyone know where I can find a good dicount on moving?

Thanks!
    The military wouldn't cover moving expenses in that situation. You can always save your receipts and claim them as a moving expense(if you're eligible) on your tax return, come 2010 or 2009....
  3. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    The military wouldn't cover moving expenses in that situation. You can always save your receipts and claim them as a moving expense(if you're eligible) on your tax return, come 2010 or 2009....
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    If you are married, I think he can take some of the household goods to Germany and you can take the rest to where you're going. Esp since it's overseas and there usually is more than one packout with those orders. Make sure it's on his orders tho' (he might need to get a mod after you're married).
  5. Member
    Thanks ladies! That's what I thought. He's supposed to depart in 2010 from the Army so I need to get to PA early to get settled for his return. Glad I have your help on the info!
    "To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."