Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Retired pay??

1. retiredarmywife

Confused Retired pay??

Advertisements
    If anyone knows how long it takes to get pay going and any info about what all dh needs to do. Please let me know.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I asked my mom and she said that my stepdad didnt have to do anything. Just that you have to remember that retirement pay is only deposited on the 1st of the month. So, depending on when he retired it could be a month and half before the pay starts, but the back pay will be there.
  3. Senior Member
    My dh didn't have to do anything special really. He just got a copy of his dd214 at the end of August. His first retirement check is supposed to be going in on the first of October.

He just got his last regular full paycheck on Sept 1. I'm not sure if he will get more in his first ret. check because of that. This retirement stuff is still all very new to me, so hopefully some others will have more info

I am so clueless when it comes to this stuff, it's sad really........I also just don't hold info very well (even though my dh told me all of this back in like May after TAP) at all and get totally overwhelmed
  4. Senior Member
    Oh, I think my dh's last check on Sept 1st was for the Aug 15-31 period....Since his terminal ended on Aug 31. So his first ret. check will be for the full month of Sept. and be the normal amount
  5. Senior Member
    Oh and what I said above probably holds true for everyone since terminal leave always has to end on the last day of the month.

That makes sense so that the member will get one more normal check on the first of the next month and then a full month of ret. paid on the 1st of the next month after that

hopefully someone else will know too