Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BAH Woes

1. Senior Member

BAH Woes

Advertisements
    So its been 4 mo's since we PCS'D to Lejuene.DF's BAH has yet to kick in.Most of the guys in his office go to the Sgt Maj( or someone up there) almost daily to check up on it and they get the same "were working on it" response.They were even told once that " it snt going through anytime soon.So just stop checking all the time". It totally sucks.Its all out of pocket for now. I dont know why it takes so long-we had it in LA.It took one day for it to go through.One day.And now 4 rent checks later and squat!Blah.

...so we wait......
  2. Banned
    Banned
    If he is not satisfied with the response he is getting at the level he is trying to approach it, it may be time to move up the food chain. The delay and response given are both unacceptable and completely unneccessary.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss B Hav'n View Post
    If he is not satisfied with the response he is getting at the level he is trying to approach it, it may be time to move up the food chain. The delay and response given are both unacceptable and completely unneccessary.
    i agree. it took less than a month to get our BAH when we got here but we're navy i dunno how the paperwork runs differently but we set it up the day we got here, a few weeks later DH and his LPO checked up on it and it wasn't so they made sure it was going to make it through to the next paycheck and it did.

4. Senior Member
    & holy you guys have such a far commute!

5. Life is good.
    Life is good.
    He needs to go up the chain of command.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I definitely wouldn't accept the response your husband got, especially if it had been that long and we were paying out of pocket. He should go a step above and find someone else to talk to, until he gets an appropriate answer and some help.
  7. Senior Member
    they need to give you a better response than "we're working on it" all it takes is someone in the finance office to enter you as eligible for BAH. It shouldn't take more than a month to kick in. It's not like it's a pay increase (sometimes those get delayed until after the change in fiscal year) this is an entitlement you should be receiving.

I would have him go to his finance office and ask them for a specific reason why it is taking so long. If they can't, or won't give him a reason, he needs to go up the chain of command. "We're working on it, stop checking" is not a good excuse when you're out of pocket for 4 months.

On the plus side, you'll get it all in a lump sum when they do get it to you.

I hope it happens soon!
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I would have the member go up the chain of command. If it was just a few weeks, it owuldn't be a problem but 4 months is stupid.

Contact the shirt or whatever your branch calls it. The should be able to hlep.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  9. Senior Member
    Thanks guys for the responses. I will deff talk to him about it. Not that much can be done since hes up at training now.But some of the guys at his office need to do it at least. And in one of the replies it says that you get it back in a lump sum.Jay was saying that it doesnt get paid back to you they just start you at whatever month it goes through and the prior mo's were just out of pocket.But hat would be awesome!
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paisley1370 View Post
    Thanks guys for the responses. I will deff talk to him about it. Not that much can be done since hes up at training now.But some of the guys at his office need to do it at least. And in one of the replies it says that you get it back in a lump sum.Jay was saying that it doesnt get paid back to you they just start you at whatever month it goes through and the prior mo's were just out of pocket.But hat would be awesome!
    oh no no no no, you're entitled to ALL the BAH they haven't been paying you. so you will get all of it backdated from the day he checked in! so i see you guys aren't married just yet so he'll get the without dependents rate for now. but since i see he's a sgt it should be $759 a month
    Last edited by ily.mmw; 09-04-2008 at 12:00 PM. Reason: oopsie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast