Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost military ID card??

1. Member

Lost military ID card??

Advertisements
    I think it fell out of my pocket at the gym on base but the mgr there looked everywhere and no one turned it in! How do I get a new one? Will my husband get in trouble? I know he gets in ALOT of trouble if he loses HIS but what about mine?
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    about getting in trouble. I never did, but I would be worried since the SS numbers are on there.
    If he is with you then just have him give you form DD-1172 if not a POA will work too.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. Crafting away...
    Crafting away...
    As for trouble, he'll get a sit down session with his higher ups and get explained to him, that he and you need to be VERY careful and that if it happens again he'll get something put in his records (I don't remember at the moment what the name of the paper is). Anyways, it all depends on his command and all sorts of stuff.

My husband lost his, oddly enough on his 21st birthday and then last week I thought that I lost mine, but my darling son magically appeared with it out of his room! So, this is what happened to us! I hope it helps in some way

As for getting a new one, all I had to do when we switched from Reserves to Active Duty was go to the DEERS building and get a new one, since he wasn't with me I had to bring POA, but other then that it was a pretty smooth process.
  4. Meleana21
    If you're that scared of him getting into trouble just go to another service ID issuing facility to get you're ID card. It's just the DD form 1172 that you're sponsor needs to sign.
  5. Senior Member

he won't get in trouble but he will have to talk to his supervisor...and maybe commander...about it and why it happened/what will be done so it doesn't happen again. it's a big deal because your sponsor's social is on it...and that's sensitive information. it's just opsec. you would need to go to the MPF (well, it's called that if you're AF) and they will be able to give you more information at the customer service desk. i'm sorry!
  6. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    about getting in trouble. I never did, but I would be worried since the SS numbers are on there.
    If he is with you then just have him give you form DD-1172 if not a POA will work too.
    I'd be worried about that as well.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  7. Senior Member
    I just got mine, I lost it and cant remember were. My DH didn't get in trouble. But he did have to be there. He needed to sign out my ID. he had to get a form and fill it out at the MP station, then I went to take the pic, he had to sign for it. Only because my POA expired.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    i have lost mine once or twice and so my mom and siblings have too and i've never heard of the sponser or the dependent getting in trouble...
  9. Senior Member
    i lost mine one time. but i knew it was lost inside my house...somewhere. I had to get another one and DH had to be there with me. He said it was possible for him to get in trouble for me loosing it, but nothing happened.
  10. Senior Member
    I got in trouble. My DH was really really really mad! But that was just amusing!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast