Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: CDH PROVIDER HELP

1. Senior Member
    Me - Bronx NY, WA DH: USS Abraham Lincoln

CDH PROVIDER HELP

Advertisements
    Is anyone here a CDH Provider. My husband wants me to get involved seeing that was what I did back at home (NY). Is there pay involved when it comes to the Navy and what are the background checks, medical checks etc. Are they any different than any other state and civilian program? Please someone help me out. Guide me to the right place. I know everett is looking.
    CHRISTOPHER JAYDEN born October 10, 2008 5lbs 7 oz
    & Yes he was early. 33 weeks and 5 days
    NICU Survivor
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    First you need to contact the main office for the CDC. They have a week long class that you need to take that tell you all the rules and regs that go with being a home care provider. You will need a background check and make sure all your shots are up todate. As well as a home inspection. You will only need to do this via the military not thru the state. I have no idea how it differs from the state since I have never done that route.

What you get is partial pay from the parent ( in some cases full payment from the parent) and a subsidized amount from the gov't. pay is on a sliding scale so the more the parent makes the more they have to pay you and the less the gov pays.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. Member
    I am a CDH provider over here on Bangor in WA. I have been doing it for about 3 years. You need to call 425-304-3690 and ask for more information. I had to go through a week long class that got me my certificate and then I had to have background checks, fingerprinting, reference checks ( family, friends) and a home visit. The only upfront cost that I had was to purchase my insurance which is $81 every six months and you don't even do that until you are ready to be licensed. All the referrals come from Resource and referral. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    So what is the pay like? Just out of total curiosity? I have always wondered....
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rileysmom View Post
    So what is the pay like? Just out of total curiosity? I have always wondered....
    the pay will be based on what you charge for care- how many you are licensed for -- if you are licenesed for 4 and charge 100 a week you will make 400 a week.
    but with that pay comes the cost of supplies, food, insurance. and taxes- so the gross pay will be different than the net pay.

the best bet is to find out what you can charge- how many you can be licensed for- and then what you estimate to feed them, buy supplies like paper towels, art supplies, toys, ect, then minus 28% for taxes and the cost for insurance- for most it is 80 dollars for 6 months.

you can make a good deal of money- but there are pitfalls- being home ALL the time is the most important one- finding alternate care when you or your child gets sick or you need to make an appointment.

please weight the pros and cons before deciding- nothing is worse for parents than to find a provider and then have that provider decide she is not cut out for it and have to find another care provider.
  6. Member
    Actually the pay rate is set by the Navy if you are doing care for the Navy. We dont get to set our rates. For us here it is $150 per child up to kindergarten age.