Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: health insurance

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Confused health insurance

Advertisements
    my DH is in basic (paris island) he graduates oct 10. when should i start getting insurance and how do i set it up and when?
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    you should be getting the paperwork in the mail from him soon. once that paperwork is printed out you are covered under tricare standard. once you get the paperwork, go to the nearest base (doesnt matter what branch) get your ID card and then head to the tricare office to switch to tricare prime if that is what you choose to do. I can tell you that being prime in BR, you will still get to see a civilian dr.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    you should be getting the paperwork in the mail from him soon. once that paperwork is printed out you are covered under tricare standard. once you get the paperwork, go to the nearest base (doesnt matter what branch) get your ID card and then head to the tricare office to switch to tricare prime if that is what you choose to do. I can tell you that being prime in BR, you will still get to see a civilian dr.
    thank you!
  4. Victoria+Baby

Help

Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    i am in a similar situation except my fiance graduated from his basic training and we have a baby arriving in October. I've been trying to contact his recruiter but he's been missing for some time now. Plus i don't have a base ID and don't know how to get one.
  5. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria+Baby View Post
    i am in a similar situation except my fiance graduated from his basic training and we have a baby arriving in October. I've been trying to contact his recruiter but he's been missing for some time now. Plus i don't have a base ID and don't know how to get one.
    You wont be able to get military insurance and your baby wont be able to until after he/she is born. You also wont be able to get a Military ID until after you guys are married. Once you get married, you will be eligable for medical.
    Last edited by Daysgoby; 08-25-2008 at 01:01 AM. Reason: adding stuff
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    you wont get one or be covered by military insurance till you are married. the baby will be covered after birth though.
  7. Victoria+Baby
    i realize that but my doctor has been pushing me to find a pediatrician and well... i just don't know what to do about that without knowing
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    i realize that but my doctor has been pushing me to find a pediatrician and well... i just don't know what to do about that without knowing
    as soon as the baby is born he will have to have the baby added to his dependents page. then you will be able to get the tricare stuff squared away. you can look now, just make sure when you are choosing that when you talk to them that they are in the tricare network.
  9. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries

if you are near a base, the baby can be seen on post by the peds there.

Otherwise, I would call around and find out which peds accept tricare.
  10. Victoria+Baby
    okay, thank you so much