Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: DEERS and Tricare

1. "i can't do this w/o you, i'm coming home to you"--DH
    "i can't do this w/o you, i'm coming home to you"--DH

Help DEERS and Tricare

Advertisements
    Ok, so DH finally got me enrolled in DEERS. After I ran around frantically last week trying to do so myself.

Last week I was told I couldn't enroll myself because DH didn't leave POA or fill out the proper form so I could get the id. DH is currently deployed in Kuwait. I did email him and let hime know what was going on as far as not being able to enroll or get the id.

So today, DH put me in the system and says I shouldn't have any problems w/ obtaining an id. My question is if anyone can answer, what if anything would I need to take w/ me to get the id. Since I'm in the system, ( I did check and I am in DEERS), would I still need anything from DH?

Also, when I went on the tricare website to register, it says coverage for me started on July 9. Im due any day now, will my son be covered also once he is born?

EBoNY
    "I love you Ebony with everything that I am. I give my heart and soul to you. And I will continue to love you until I can physically not love you anymore. I know you haven't learned to be a wife yet and I really haven't learned to be a husband yet. But together we will learn and teach each other how to fill the positions. I want people to say damn I wish our relationship was like that. You are everything that I want babe.I want you to be the one I wake up to and kiss goodnight for the rest of my life. Hold you in my arms while I sleep or watch tv. I love you with all my heart and can't wait for our lives to start together. I love you so much. your husband"
  2. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    he needs to send you a specific form so you can get an ID without him
    Make sure you are enrolled in tricare, your son should autoamtically be covered for something like 60 days after he is born and then you have to enroll him once you have a birth cert. and social
  3. "i can't do this w/o you, i'm coming home to you"--DH
    "i can't do this w/o you, i'm coming home to you"--DH
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    he needs to send you a specific form so you can get an ID without him
    Make sure you are enrolled in tricare, your son should autoamtically be covered for something like 60 days after he is born and then you have to enroll him once you have a birth cert. and social
    I think I know what form you are referring to. The ID office told me about that form. But they only said he needed to fill it out to get me in DEERS.

EBoNY
    "I love you Ebony with everything that I am. I give my heart and soul to you. And I will continue to love you until I can physically not love you anymore. I know you haven't learned to be a wife yet and I really haven't learned to be a husband yet. But together we will learn and teach each other how to fill the positions. I want people to say damn I wish our relationship was like that. You are everything that I want babe.I want you to be the one I wake up to and kiss goodnight for the rest of my life. Hold you in my arms while I sleep or watch tv. I love you with all my heart and can't wait for our lives to start together. I love you so much. your husband"
  4. Banned
    Banned
    what is
    DEERS?
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    without him there, he either needs to send you the form or a power of attorney for you to get the ID.
  6. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    without him there, he either needs to send you the form or a power of attorney for you to get the ID.
    form DD-1172 or DD-1173 ( i never remember which one)
    if you don't have that form and he is not with you and you don't have a POA you will not get an ID.
    and like jennifer said you have 60 days to enroll your son in Prime ( but first your DH or you have to enroll him in DEERS and put him on his Page 2 before you can enroll him in Tricare.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

7. Married to a Naval Officer
    Married to a Naval Officer
    I think you still need the form with his original signature with it. The kids and I needed to get a new ID and we've been enrolled in DEERS for years (it was like our 4th ID) and I was asked for that form. I suggest if your DH could send you that form, it would be a quicker process for you to get the ID. But if you don't mind going to the base and coming back again just in case they don't let you get ID with that form, then try the POA.