Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Obama is elected as president...

1. justasking4today

Question If Obama is elected as president...

Advertisements
    I should probably keep up with the presidential candidates fighting it out on TV, but I haven't heard much about what Obama is going to do to our Military other than pull them out. Does anyone know if he's planning on taking away our soldiers' benefits, retirement plans, pay, ect.?
    Because for those who have decided to make a career out of the military, that would really suck.
    And for those who will be nontraditional students and now won't have their school paid for.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Why would he fuck over the military? They're some of his biggest supporters
  3. justasking4today
    Because he has this whole idea for health care for all so I wasn't sure where he was going to pull out this idea.. maybe by taking away pay and benefits for the military?
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    All I know for certain is that he has expressed a strong want to help veterans out. I wouldn't doubt that that extends to all military.. but I don't know for sure
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by justasking4today View Post
    Because he has this whole idea for health care for all so I wasn't sure where he was going to pull out this idea.. maybe by taking away pay and benefits for the military?
    I don't think that's his plan at all. There are a ton of other ways he can get money to try and reform the health care system.
  6. justasking4today
    Ok, I was just curious to know if someone knew more than I did :-)
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by justasking4today View Post
    I should probably keep up with the presidential candidates fighting it out on TV, but I haven't heard much about what Obama is going to do to our Military other than pull them out. Does anyone know if he's planning on taking away our soldiers' benefits, retirement plans, pay, ect.?
    Because for those who have decided to make a career out of the military, that would really suck.
    And for those who will be nontraditional students and now won't have their school paid for.
    You're quite serious, aren't you?

Do you really believe that liberals hate the military?
  8. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Of COURSE he is not going to take away military pay and benefits. The cost of this war alone would more than cover the cost of universal healthcare, and he isn't even the candidate that wants socialized medicine. That was Hilary. His plan includes the insurance companies and tax breaks so people can afford to have insurance.

Obama has always been a big supporter of the military when it comes to approving benefits and pay raises.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Here OP, read this:

http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/Defen...heet_FINAL.pdf

And there is more detailed information at www.barackobama.com as well.

Look it over and come back and tell us what you think.
  10. justasking4today
    I never stated that I thought all liberals hate the military, but my experience at a liberal college is that few professors and students like the military and do in fact, hate it.
    And I don't think anything. I was just curious. I don't even know who I'm voting for yet. I didn't mean for this to get way political, it was a mere concern for my soldier's future.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast