Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vision - Eye Exam

1. FLORIDIAN
    FLORIDIAN

Vision - Eye Exam

Advertisements
    Anyone know of any Tricare authorized place to get an eye exam? I can't find anything on the website and I need to get new glasses while I'm in the states!

Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts? / Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts /
    So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess / And stop the muscle that makes us confess / And we are so fragile /
    And our cracking bones make noise / And we are just breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys.

2. Married to a Naval Officer
    Married to a Naval Officer
    Where are you? Are you still in Sigonella? Coz you could get youe eye exam in optometry. If not, are you close to a military base where you are right now?
  3. FLORIDIAN
    FLORIDIAN
    I'm in Tampa... when I lived here before Tricare considered me too far from the closest base.
    I remember someone telling me a certain place gave a discount or something for tricare. I don't remember details though.
    I might just pay for the darn thing and forget this mess!

Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts? / Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts /
    So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess / And stop the muscle that makes us confess / And we are so fragile /
    And our cracking bones make noise / And we are just breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys.

4. Married to a Naval Officer
    Married to a Naval Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    I'm in Tampa... when I lived here before Tricare considered me too far from the closest base.
    I remember someone telling me a certain place gave a discount or something for tricare. I don't remember details though.
    I might just pay for the darn thing and forget this mess!
    You could ask like a Wal-mart or Sears, those big companies, if they take Tricare. You could pay for it and try to file a claim or maybe they can file a claim for you. The worst that could happen is you pay for the exam yourself, either upfront or denial of your claim. At least the exams in Tampa won't be very pricey. If only you were in Jacksonville, I'd be able to point you to the right direction. The thing is you're probably Tricare Prime in Europe right now and that won't be considered an emergency. I'm sorry I couldn't help you more.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Everett, WA Like New Jersey, only no cool mobsters or sunshine!
    I know for a fact that Wal Mart doesn't. At least not the one here.

But I don't know if the optomitrists offices in Wal Marts are independently owned and operated or not.
  6. Mmhmm.
    Mmhmm.
    walmart.
  7. Senior Member
    I had mine and both of the girls done at walmart when we were at eglin. Call the ones closest to yours and ask.

PS We miss you!!! How are you? ru safe from the storm? Email me dammit!!!!!

Love ya!!!!
  8. X
    X
    I get my exam done at Sears and then get my glasses at LensCrafters
  9. *~Mrs. L~*
    *~Mrs. L~*
    Blog Entries
    I dont know about all walmarts but the one here takes tricare. They have a big sign saying they do. Just call and ask your local walmart.
  10. FLORIDIAN
    FLORIDIAN
    Ok, well next question.... I don't have my tricare card with me. Help???
    And does it matter that I'm tricare Europe??
    I'm so confused. Sorry, and thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast