Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: im so confused

1. Senior Member

Help im so confused

Advertisements
    ok so dd needs to get in for her yearly doc. appt. but i have no idea what im supposed to do about her insurance. i got a paper sent from db a while back after she was put on his insurance and it said to go get her an I.D. cause she is enrolled in DEERS. well what am i supposed to do to let the doctors office know about the new insurance for her and am i supposed to have an isurance card? is there a copay for doc appts? is she still able to go to the doc that she's been seeing? if any one has any answers or anything please help me!!! thanks to u ahead of time!

2. Member
    If you haven't already, you should head to the nearest base to get her ID. You have to have a form to do that - DH enrolled us all, signed all the paperwork at WTC and sent to me - we went to one of the local bases here and got my ID and my DD's (she's 10). I don't know if claims can be processed thru tricare without an id...Maybe someone else knows.
  3. Eternal Member
    Eternal Member
    Under 10, they don't get their own ID card. Not sure how it's done when the parents aren't married. My daughter's name was on my "Other insurance/RX" yellow card, so they looked at that, plus her name was in the system, so all they had to do was look it up at her appt. The doctor you take her to has to accept Tricare and where you take your daughter depends on whether you're on Tricare Prime or Standard. When my daughter turned 10 last November, that's when I took her to get her own ID card. Don't think it'd be much different with Navy, but that's my experience with the AF.
  4. Senior Member
    well i went to check out info on deers and she already has her i.d. card because she lives with me and db and i arent married so thats y she has hers already and she is only 3. i was just confused on was there certain places i could go and what else did i need to know for her appointment.