Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: TLE and BAH

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Question TLE and BAH

Advertisements
    DH and I are PCSing in Dec to WA. We're driving from FL. It's my first PCS and his first where he's not going to the barracks. We get 10 days to drive there and then up to 10 to find an apartment so if we used the full 20 days we would get 10 days of TLE correct? Would we still get full BAH or would it be prorated? We'll probably be leaving around December 3.
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    TLE will only be granted if you need to stay in a hotel after you check out of housing but before you leave for travel and if you need to stay in a hotel while waiting for housing. Its a max of 10 days if you only had to stay in a hotel for 4 days that is all you will get.
    You will still get BAH.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Just an aside...I did that drive two decembers ago. Make sure you have a 4 or all wheel drive, or chains in the car.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by guynavywife View Post
    Just an aside...I did that drive two decembers ago. Make sure you have a 4 or all wheel drive, or chains in the car.
    Damn. DH and I lived our whole lives in Florida. We've never driven in snow.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    TLE will only be granted if you need to stay in a hotel after you check out of housing but before you leave for travel and if you need to stay in a hotel while waiting for housing. Its a max of 10 days if you only had to stay in a hotel for 4 days that is all you will get.
    You will still get BAH.
    Thanks!
  6. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    The pass should be ok. January is usually the worst! Welcome to WA though!
  7. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    btw TLE is reimbursable so you will not get it in advance. Save your receipts and he will have to input paperwork to get it.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

8. Banned
    Banned
    TLE is for 10 days total- you can split the days between old and new PDS--- like 3 days at old and 7 at new.. or 5 and 5..

you will only get TLE for the actual days you use it- so you need to save reciepts for the TLE.

you will get BAH at the old PDS rate until the service member checkes into the new unit- it is not prorated unless you are moving out of GOV housing.

for the authorised travel days you will get per diem and you will get 27 cents a mile for each authorised travel mile.