Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Lower credit form?

1. Senior Member

Lower credit form?

Advertisements
    Does anybody know where I can get a copy or print a copy of the form that you can send in to your credit company (when your husband is active duty) to get a lower interest rate? It's called something like, "civilization act....?"

Thanks!
  2. Senior Member
    It sounds like you are referring to the SSCRA - the Soldiers and Sailors Civil Relief Act. Try googling that.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'm not sure how you do it, but I did recently learn a little bit about it. The debts have to be in his name, and have to be from before he entered the service. I think that you basically just call each creditor and explain it to them and go from there, but again, I don't have any experience with it. Good luck!
  4. After all you're my wonderwall
    After all you're my wonderwall
    i did this. i called the credit card companies. i had to fax power of attorney and his orders....then they stop his payments until he comes home and he doesn't get new interest added on or any extras costs- it's pretty much a hold. but i'm making the payments now while he is deployed interest free!!! and by the time he comes home all his credit card debt will be paid off!!! but im worried i'll get a big interest rate payment after i have everything paid off.

oh yeah it must be in his name only. well, all his credit card debt was in his name only.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    there is not form- you need to call each creditor to request the lowering of interest-