Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dropped from Health Insurance?

1. Senior Member

Confused Dropped from Health Insurance?

Advertisements
    Ok, so I used to be on birth control, but went of of it about 6 months ago. Anyway, I did the math and it turns out the four days that I get to see DH before he goes to Iraq is when AF would be there. Not something I want to deal with so decided to go back on.

I went to the doctors and had no problem with my copay of $0 and went to the pharmacy to pick up the pills later and they said I had been terminated and they wanted to charge me $190!!!!

I said dropped?! What?! My husband is in the military and is being deployed, how is that possible? I tried calling the customer service number but they were already closed for the day?

Has anyone experienced this from US Family Healthcare? They were supposed to be so much better than tricare.

I am not a happy camper...

Hopefully tomorrow this will get resolved.
  2. Senior Member
    Sorry dont know, hope you get it resolved. Good luck! I never heard of US Family Healthcare, can you shine a little light on it please? I am dumb to say the least!
  3. Am
    DB and I aren't married so I don't know about military coverage or anything but if you need something to hold you over, Walmart's got the pill for $9 a month until you can get it straightened out. Good luck.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. LA View Post
    Sorry dont know, hope you get it resolved. Good luck! I never heard of US Family Healthcare, can you shine a little light on it please? I am dumb to say the least!
    You're not dumb. I don't know if it's just because he's in the NJ Guard and they offer a choice, but the person who signed me up for DEERS highly suggested it over tricare saying it covered a lot more and gave people fewer headaches.

I don't know. I have had it for like 2 months and used it a couple of times with no problem. I am new to this whole "adult" doing everything on my own thing (I just got married and am 21) so I have nothing to really compare it with.

I am sure (REALLY HOPE anyway) that by tommorrow I will know why this happened and it will be fixed. I guess I just had a pretty sucky day and this was just the icing on the cake.
  5. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    I have never heard of that before wish i could help you. Best bet would be to call first thing in the AM and find out what is going on. I just googled maybe you moved outside the zip code?

i have used tricare/champus all my life and haven't had any issues.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by akuritz View Post
    You're not dumb. I don't know if it's just because he's in the NJ Guard and they offer a choice, but the person who signed me up for DEERS highly suggested it over tricare saying it covered a lot more and gave people fewer headaches.

I don't know. I have had it for like 2 months and used it a couple of times with no problem. I am new to this whole "adult" doing everything on my own thing (I just got married and am 21) so I have nothing to really compare it with.

I am sure (REALLY HOPE anyway) that by tommorrow I will know why this happened and it will be fixed. I guess I just had a pretty sucky day and this was just the icing on the cake.
    Sorry, maybe tomorrow's Icing is tastier...cause' today's sucked. lol. Good Luck!

Don't worry about your age, i'm gonna be 24 and I have an 3 kids...talk about not knowing what to do, i'm the Queen in not knowing what to do! lol.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by akuritz View Post

Hm, yeah, I have never heard of any other option of healthcare. Never had a problem with TriCare. Best of luck to you!

Thank you, BrentsCrystal! You are amazing!
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have been dropped before. Just call them in the morning... one phone call fixed it for me.
  9. Senior Member

That's a new one. I never heard of anyone on military health insurance just being dropped. Never heard of that insurance you mentioned either. I know Tricare is contracting out or something because in San Diego we had TriWest. And it's funny because we apparently are not "dropped" because I still keep getting letters about notifications of changes of my PCM at the Tricare Outpatient clinic on Balnboa Ave and I was sure I checked out of there when we moved to Korea a year and a half ago...
  10. Senior Member
    Ok, just to update everything was fine with US Family health and my pharm.'s computer just happened to have no record of it . All of a sudden it was deleted? Oh well, at least i know I am supposed to be covered and just have input all my info again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast