Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Waiting for housing?

1. Beckalyce

Waiting for housing?

Advertisements
    My DB is in Iraq right now, and we will be getting married next summer...
    (DB and not DF because he hasn't proposed yet, we just have plans.)

Now I live in Arizona and his base when he's home is in California; Camp Pendleton to be exact. After our wedding in vegas he wants me to come directly to Cali with him...which I'm fine with but I'm wondering how long does housing and the paperwork usually take to go through? I don't want to be like stuck in a hotel somewhere waiting for stuff to happen! Lol

Anyone have experience in getting married and moving to base?

We also want to live off base, well he does anyways, and I'm letting him call the shots on this. Does this take longer to get the allowance?

Any advice would be awesome...ty!
  2. Married to a Naval Officer
    Married to a Naval Officer
    He should apply for housing as soon as you get married because there might be a waiting list. I'm not sure how long is the wait time for Camp Pendleton housing. You could look it up online. Try this website too.

http://www.pendleton.usmc.mil/base/housing/

As for the housing allowance (BAH), tell him to go to personnel as soon as you get your marriage certificate to update his records and put you on his Page 2 (deppendent record). It might take a few weeks to a couple of months for the BAH to show up in his paycheck but living off base or in housing doesn't affect how soon you get paid. You might just have to pay for rent with your own money but it will be backpaid as soon as it's processed. His BAH will be counted from the day you guys get married.
  3. Beckalyce
    Ty! I'll tell him this stuff when I talk to him next. He's asking around too.

See I told him it was probably best that I just go back to Arizona till he's ready for me to come out there and he got stubborn saying he wanted me with him at all times after we got married to try to make up for all the time we have been apart.

He's silly cute and I miss him tons...*sigh* tonight was a bad night in the missing him department.

ANYWHO..Thanks for the info! Oh and how do you get those blinkies under your name saying which branch?
  4. Married to a Naval Officer
    Married to a Naval Officer
    No problem.

My DH is the same way too. I remember this one time when he needed to go to El Centro for 12 days (leaving Monday and coming back the following Friday). He told me to come for the weekend. So I said sure if I can get a hotel on base. I could only get a room for Saturday so I told him, the kids and I are coming on Sat. and leave on Sun. because school was still on. Friday morning came and he calls me, I got you a room for Friday too. So we were there for Fri-Sun. when he was coming home Friday morning. Even if I have to do an errand and he's at home, he'd offer to drive me. It's like they really try to spend as much time as they could since they never know when they'll be gone again.

I don't know how I got the blinking thing but I remember picking Navy to the question on what branch was I affiliated when I signed up.

If you have any other questions, let me know. I think I know someone who still lives in camp Pendleton.