Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: military housing

1. Senior Member

military housing

Advertisements
    Im so lost how does it all work? How do you apply?

When DF gets home from this deployment were getting married and then he gets stationed in Colorado. Im just thinking ahead. But what are all the things we need to do to get a house/ apartment?

Any help would be great
  2. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    He needs to first add you to his Page 2 or whatever the heck they call it in the Army.
    Then he needs to take the updated page along with current orders to the housing office to apply.

You guys pick a housing area you want to live in, and if none are available for immediate move in, then you get put on a waiting list till there is one available.

3. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    You simply need to go to housing and apply once he gets checked into his new command. ( but you will need to be married and be on his page 2 before he can apply)
    if you choose not to live in housing then you can simply look out in town of an apartment or house to rent.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

4. He is the love my life
    He is the love my life
    me and DH had to wait till we were married to get on any list, we lucked out though and they told us about a 3 bedroom that opened up that wasnt suppose to and we said WE WILL TAKE IT!! and didnt have to wait and managed to jump the list!! So , you prob have to wait till your DF gets home also i duno if the army would do it differnt then the navy

I love me some NavyCakes84
  5. Eternal Member
    Eternal Member
    Can't do much of anything until you're married, then it's off to the housing on base to apply. While I love living on base, my husband is less than thrilled. There's so many rules and regulations to abide by. So far as of yet, we have no write ups from housing, but we have a few by his first shirt. Which doesn't make sense to me. Housing comes out for inspection every month and according to their strict standards, if they're ok with our home and yard and not find anything wrong with it, then why should the first shirt have any problem or say so in it and give us write ups for: rocks in the yard (housing put in new sprinkler system just before it started to snow, so of course they dug up the yard a bit and left rocks everywhere...figure if they had a problem with rocks in the yard, they would have removed them) Anyhow, we got written up for those by his first shirt, also for grass being in the cracks in the sidewalk, then there were so called "weeds" which were actually parts of the bushes resprouting as we trimmed them just before winter. And again all these were after housing had already come by and did their inspection! So, just be prepared for shitload of rules.
  6. NavyBaby
    do you have to be married for this to work. after my DB gets outta his schools, we wanna move in together, but will he be able to get a housing allowence to help us pay for it, or do we have to be married?

some one PM me plz

=]
  7. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyBaby View Post
    do you have to be married for this to work. after my DB gets outta his schools, we wanna move in together, but will he be able to get a housing allowence to help us pay for it, or do we have to be married?

some one PM me plz

=]
    you will need to be married to get military housing. He could maybe get permission to live off base but that is highly unlikely if he is just out of school and under the rank of E4.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

8. The grass is greener where it gets watered.
    The grass is greener where it gets watered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielleie View Post
    me and DH had to wait till we were married to get on any list, we lucked out though and they told us about a 3 bedroom that opened up that wasnt suppose to and we said WE WILL TAKE IT!! and didnt have to wait and managed to jump the list!! So , you prob have to wait till your DF gets home also i duno if the army would do it differnt then the navy

SO NOT FAIR!!!! We've been on a list for a while and I checked yesterday and we're #107 in line *Moved up from #250* still roughly 2 months to go!!! No hard feelings though...unless you jumped the list on this post, in which case I would have to find you and beat you up
    “In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!” ― Dr. Seuss
  9. The grass is greener where it gets watered.
    The grass is greener where it gets watered.
    Quote Originally Posted by PVTRAgirl View Post
    Im so lost how does it all work? How do you apply?

When DF gets home from this deployment were getting married and then he gets stationed in Colorado. Im just thinking ahead. But what are all the things we need to do to get a house/ apartment?

Any help would be great
    I should have a "Housing Checklist" saved on my computer.....PM me, I have everything you need!
    “In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!” ― Dr. Seuss