Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geobach question

1. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!

Geobach question

Advertisements
    For those that have Geo Bach do you get Family Seperation pay? We do...and someone told DH he isn't suppose to be. So hes talking to a guy in his command and asking him those questions.
  2. I Can See Clearly Now....The S**T Is Gone
    I Can See Clearly Now....The S**T Is Gone
    humm that's a good question...dh said he doesn't think so bc he isn't forced to be seperated KWIM...but he's not sure...Good luck!
  3. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    humm that's a good question...dh said he doesn't think so bc he isn't forced to be seperated KWIM...but he's not sure...Good luck!
    because of my divorce it says I can't move without going to court for my son and changing stuff so for now we are. Thank you for your info though I hope this works out.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    No we do not unless he is deployed.
  5. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    No we do not unless he is deployed.
    thats what we are wondering.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    no you should only be getting FSH while he is deployed- and anything that they have paid will need to be paid back- and when they find it they will take ALL of the payback at one time out of one or two paychecks- literally- even if it results in a 0 basic pay balance.

just be prepared.
  7. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    no you should only be getting FSH while he is deployed- and anything that they have paid will need to be paid back- and when they find it they will take ALL of the payback at one time out of one or two paychecks- literally- even if it results in a 0 basic pay balance.

just be prepared.
    Thats what I was worried about. Hes already gone to the chief that deals with it and asked about it. He is looking into it. He also said that he would let us know. The Chief even seems to think we are suppose to have it the way its been because we do "have to" be seperated right now. In fact when he got back from deployment they tried to take away the guys geobach that had qualified before but didn't get married till after they joined the command. Well DH showed them my divorce papers and that was what saved us.
    So we will see.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    according to the JFTR- HAVE TO BE seperated includes only school, TDY longer than 30 days or deployment- they do not recognise personal reasons for seperation.

I am not sure what "your: divorce papers have to do with being a GEO bach?
  9. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

I pretty sure whoever said he's not supposed to be getting it is correct. I hope he figures it out soon so if he's not supposed to get it so ya'll don't have a whole bunch to pay back

Personal reasons like your divorce papers the military wont consider as forced sep because THEY arent forcing it, ya know?
  10. Banned
    Banned
    He definitely needs to check into that. Regardless of your divorce stipulations the separation is considered voluntary (unless his orders specifically state they are unaccompanied orders for military reason) and, therefor, not a qualifier for FSA.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast