Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Pay messed up for 6 months and still no progress to it getting fixed

1. Crafting away...
    Crafting away...

Help Pay messed up for 6 months and still no progress to it getting fixed

Advertisements
    Okay so my husband and I PCS'd to Fort Wainwright, Alaska from Fort Lewis Washington in March. Since March our pay has still been Washingtons pay and not Alaskas pay which there is a HUGE difference. We kept getting told that it would correct it's slef when we got transportation done when we got all of our house hold goods. Well we finally got our house hold goods May 29th. So DH goes to transportation to get the paperwork that we supposedly need to get finace fixed and they said that there isn't anything we need to turn in that they've already done it. Needless to say we've been getting lied to by finace for 6 months, we've been trying for 6 months to get it fixed and the paper work never works its way up to where it needs to go to get the final approval. We've put in one complaint after another and nothing is still being done about it. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any way to get something done. I really wouldn't be bitching but getting shorted 1000 bucks a month, I'm livid after 6 months of it!

So to anyone that knows anything or anyone that has any ideas please let me know!
  2. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    can he get his command involved?
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
  3. Senior Member
    Whenever we have issues with pay (which is a lot lately) DH goes it and presses the finance guy to take care of it.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

We've had the same issue more than once, seems they can never get the pay right!

Most likely they are giving you guys the run around because that is a HEFTY backpay check they will be owing you!

Get his command involved, he needs ot let them know that finance isn't doing anything. Make sure you print out every LES from washington to now and have him bring them in.
  5. Crafting away...
    Crafting away...
    We've tried all of this. We've got his Unit involved, we've submitted complaints to the Commander General of Fort Wainwright, and nothing is getting done. I've printed out every LES and brought it in, NOTHING as worked and we're at a loss of what to do because nothing has worked, not even going up the chain of command and submitting complaints to my DH pretty much threatening fiance. It's all frustrating and we've tried everything that we can think of and are running out of options...Hell we even had my DH's first SGT get involved and that didn't work...
  6. Senior Member
    if he's AD, he needs to talk to the admin person for his command, you guys should have updated deers and normally provide verification or mortgage or rent at the new location and they adjust. I have never heard where for 6 months it's not fixed. They should also upon completion - retroactive readjust those monies (i.e. you get your back pay). Who the heck is he complaining to? the wrong person I assume, b/c it's not getting fixed. He needs to find the admin/finance person and escalate it. 6 months? that's awful.

My Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  7. Crafting away...
    Crafting away...
    Quote Originally Posted by USNIwife View Post
    if he's AD, he needs to talk to the admin person for his command, you guys should have updated deers and normally provide verification or mortgage or rent at the new location and they adjust. I have never heard where for 6 months it's not fixed. They should also upon completion - retroactive readjust those monies (i.e. you get your back pay). Who the heck is he complaining to? the wrong person I assume, b/c it's not getting fixed. He needs to find the admin/finance person and escalate it. 6 months? that's awful.

Yes we're Active Duty. We've provided our rental agreement for our house off post to fix our BAH. We've provided my boarding pass and my sons boarding pass since we had to pay that out of pocket, for our COLA to be fixed. We've submitted the paperwork to fix our BAS since DH never ate at the defac. We've done everything. We've gone up the chain of command from SPCs to the Commander General of Fort Wainwright complaining. We have gone to every single person in S1 (the finace office for my DH's unit) and the paperwork gets logged and then "lost" or we didn't provide all the right info, or so on and so on. We've done everything that we've been told to do and put in complaints and gone behind peoples backs and gosh only knows what else to fix this problem. We're not the only one's it's happening to. There's 6 soliders in my DH's Unit alone that have their pay messed up and nothing is being done about it, and their pay has been messed up longer then ours.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs.wachtman View Post
    Yes we're Active Duty. We've provided our rental agreement for our house off post to fix our BAH. We've provided my boarding pass and my sons boarding pass since we had to pay that out of pocket, for our COLA to be fixed. We've submitted the paperwork to fix our BAS since DH never ate at the defac. We've done everything. We've gone up the chain of command from SPCs to the Commander General of Fort Wainwright complaining. We have gone to every single person in S1 (the finace office for my DH's unit) and the paperwork gets logged and then "lost" or we didn't provide all the right info, or so on and so on. We've done everything that we've been told to do and put in complaints and gone behind peoples backs and gosh only knows what else to fix this problem. We're not the only one's it's happening to. There's 6 soliders in my DH's Unit alone that have their pay messed up and nothing is being done about it, and their pay has been messed up longer then ours.
    It's so frustrating how soldiers and their families are treated sometimes. I'm really sorry that they're giving you the run around like this. I really hope you get it fixed soon!!!
  9. Regular Member
    I know the army has a pay ombudsman. May want to try that
  10. Crafting away...
    Crafting away...
    Well the problem will now officially be fixed for the 15th payday but the only reason that it went through so quickly is because the 15th is the day that they deploy, and finace didn't want to have his family left behind with incorrect pay....it's pathetic that it took something like that to get them to fix our pay...