Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEW ID FOR SON... HEEELP!

1. *

Help NEW ID FOR SON... HEEELP!

Advertisements
    Okay, so as I've said before my EX-husband is in the Airforce. I lost our son's ID, I know I know. . . I'm a horrible waste of life. How dare I looose a military ID. Atleast this is what I've been hearing the past month from this little head. Anyway, I asked him a MONTH ago for papers in order to get our son his new ID because I know he has to get them and fill stuff out before I can. My parents are taking my son to the beach NEXT WEEK and I told him this and told him I wanted his new ID before then so they could take it. He has a new family.. wife, child etc so that's why I told him so far in advance so he could make time to get whatever he needed done. I thought I have been pretty nice and understanding up until now. So, last night I sent him a text and asked him about the papers and he says "Oh, I work nights now. Everything is closed when I'm awake." So, I ask him is there anything I can do to get these papers faster and he just starts yelling at me (for the 12th time) for losing it!! So I told him I would do it myself just forget about it. It says in our divorce papers that he needs to help me with military matters when it come to our son since I now have no rights what so ever. He freaked out and said "NO! I'll get it." *He's worried I'll get him in trouble. During our divorce he stole my car and refused to bring it back, so I called the base. I was pissed*

Okay, where I'm going with this iiiiis... is there a way I can get a new ID for my son on my own since my exDH isn't trying to help me. I don't really want to get him into trouble but, my son hasn't had his ID in months and I just got papers saying he needs to go to the docs. Any advice? It might sound like he is actually going to help now... I know him though, he's not. Sometime's I just want to do this to him - - - >
    Last edited by ashlee; 07-24-2008 at 09:21 AM.
  2. cand8ce
    i'm pretty sure it's something you're just going to have to keep bugging your ex dh about.
  3. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    Take your court papers, march your ass into his command, and demand that you receive the form for the ID card.

BTDT, yes they will roll their eyes at you but stand firm, your son in entitled to his ID card and he has no right to drag his feet.

4. *
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy_Gurl View Post
    Take your court papers, march your ass into his command, and demand that you receive the form for the ID card.

BTDT, yes they will roll their eyes at you but stand firm, your son in entitled to his ID card and he has no right to drag his feet.
    I didn't want to get him in trouble, again. I've done that twice already But, I like this idea. How can I find out who/what/where his command is?
  5. Wah Its called life idiot
    How do you not know? As a mother to his Dependant you should know exactly who is command is and how to get a hold of them.

I guess you can go to Navy Legal and see if they will help you locate his command. However if you have already gotten him in trouble then you should know what command he is with

Sorry if that comes across as harsh but having gone through this and seeing others go through it, I just don't get why anyone doesn't know this information. What if something were to happen to your child and you had to get a message to your ex. This is vital information that should be update each and everytime he changes commands.

6. *
    How do you not know? As a mother to his Dependant you should know exactly who is command is and how to get a hold of them.

I guess you can go to Navy Legal and see if they will help you locate his command. However if you have already gotten him in trouble then you should know what command he is with

Sorry if that comes across as harsh but having gone through this and seeing others go through it, I just don't get why anyone doesn't know this information. What if something were to happen to your child and you had to get a message to your ex. This is vital information that should be update each and everytime he changes commands.
    The first time I got him in trouble he was at a different base. Then this past time was almost a year ago and it changed as far as I know. If something were to happen to my son, he wouldn't want to know other then if he died. And he'd only want to know that so he could throw a party for not having to pay child support anymore. He's pathetic. I get what your saying though. I'd love for him to keep me in the know, he just doesn't. In our divorce papers it doesn't say I need to know and we follow that to a T, sadly.
  7. Wah Its called life idiot
    Then maybe you need to go back and get it amended. In our decree it states that both parties are to notifiy the other within 30 days of change to include... address, phone number, employer, state of residence.

I specifically requested employer because my ex plays the lie and hide game.

8. *
    Then maybe you need to go back and get it amended. In our decree it states that both parties are to notifiy the other within 30 days of change to include... address, phone number, employer, state of residence.

I specifically requested employer because my ex plays the lie and hide game.

Okay, wait... it says that. But I know, I sound like a tard now.. I didn't realize that included like his command and stuff. I remember it has that though because him and I had a talk about it because he decided to tell me 4 days before he moved. Granted it was only onto base but he would have called his lawyers if I had done something like that. I have Langley's phone number. They should give it to me. I think they did last time.
  9. Wah Its called life idiot
    Try calling and finding out.

10. Senior Member

If it takes him getting in trouble then so be it, he sounds like a real winner.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast