Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have a few questions...

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Have a few questions...

Advertisements
    Ok, do I really need a seperation agreement? How do I find out where legal is? OR should I even go through legal. I am wondering if I should go talk to his LPO and make him stay away from here or if I should just leave when he gets here.. my only problem with that is I am thinking about how miserable my son is right now with out me and I was thinking maybe I should let him settle down. its also his bday monday.. i know he doesn't know but i planned a party for him. My grandma says she will buy me a ticket. I just want to make sure I have all the bases covered so he can't do anything to me..

When we divorce, will tricare still cover me for the pregnancy?
    A heart truly in love never loses hope, but always believes in the promise of love, no matter how long the time and how far the distance
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yes, go to legal. They can help you and they do it for free. Eventually you will need a lawyer, if he decides to fight you over anything. Where are you from? Most states have laws that dictate how long you must reside *physically LIVE* in the state before you can file divorce papers.

I dont have answers on the tricare question, except that if you are seperated or going through a divorce throughout your pregnancy you will still be covered, I think once the divorce is final you will not be covered.
  3. mrs.fern
    Go to legal and they will start you off. When I filed for a legal separation, there were also other papers to fill out to do with child custody and visitation agreements that can be downloaded from the internet, or bought in a package at the county clerk office. From what I understand-legal will only do it and do it for free when you and your spouse are in complete agreement to everything. If there is any fight, you will have to have attorney's and court stuff involved. We started through legal, then ended up just getting the packet from the county clerk and filing out what was needed-legal wasn't very helpful to us so we kinda skipped straight through to the source. But they were helpful in giving us an idea of where to start, and they directed up to a city attorney opinion (wasn't considered our attorney, just a helpful person to tell us what papers out of the packet needed to be filled out in our situation.) I don't know if they have anything like that were you live-but it was truly helpful!! I'd say go to legal to start with. Good luck!!
  4. mrs.fern
    Quote Originally Posted by MW5M
    Yes, go to legal. They can help you and they do it for free. Eventually you will need a lawyer, if he decides to fight you over anything. Where are you from? Most states have laws that dictate how long you must reside *physically LIVE* in the state before you can file divorce papers.

I dont have answers on the tricare question, except that if you are seperated or going through a divorce throughout your pregnancy you will still be covered, I think once the divorce is final you will not be covered.
    True..in the state of california you have to reside for 6 months to be able to file for divorce. The Tricare thing...believe once the divorce is finalized, you will not be covered anymore. But, a divorce usually takes 6 months to be finalized after completly filing anyway-so that at least covers you for your pregnancy and delivery.
  5. Senior Member
    It also depends on wether or not you kept residency in another state,. Although I live in Illinois I kept my California residency.
  6. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    in the state of Va and i dont know of any other states you cannot file for divorce if you have kids until you have been separated for at least 1 yr. thats in case there is any chance of reconciliation but in your case thats not gonna happen. i dont know about the state you are living in or the state you are originally from. but its probably different and with children being involved that could take longer. so your best bet is to ask legal or consult with a lawyer to find out everything you need to do. oh and if you wanted to you could tell his command and get his ass in trouble. but thats completely up to you. but i would make sure he pays you child support and alimony.

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I am from GA.. I should've just not got married and stayed there! Bc we weren't married when I had colin and that made him not have any legal rights

Anyway, Kris is going to show me today where legal is. I know he is going to try and fight me for custody. Where this is going to get hard is that I don't have a job and so I don't know what I will do about a lawyer. I mean, I can always have him stay at the barracks. But, what good will that do? Cause he can only stay there for a period of time I think...SEE THIS IS WHAT I DO and I end up staying!! I sit and think of all the things that COULD happen.. like losing custody of my son or something...ughhhh

i need some
    A heart truly in love never loses hope, but always believes in the promise of love, no matter how long the time and how far the distance
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    another thing.. i know in a custody case, adultry is a real bitch! so, what do i have to do to be able to use that? will they consider the online things? I dont know the girls name from here that he actually had sex with, I dont know the kayla girls last name from great lakes...so is that doing me any good..???
  9. Always n Forever
    Always n Forever
    some states will not let you get divorced while pregnant. they will have you wait until the baby is born for paternity reasons. you can also have it put in your divorce that he must keep you covered under tri care until the baby is born. good luck..just keep your head up
  10. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    you got all the good vibes i can send ya. i do understand why its hard when you dont have alot of money to live on your own. but im pretty sure you can find a nice job somewhere to support you and your son and your soon to be child. if you tell his command they will make sure that he at least supports you for your unborn child since it is HIS child. i dont know all the ins and outs of going thru a divorce in the navy and what you are and arent entitled too. i know once you are divorced tricare wont cover you but it will cover the unborn baby but i dont know about colin. that you need to talk to tricare about or legal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast