Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Maternity care upon end of enlistment...

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Maternity care upon end of enlistment...

Advertisements
    What happens if you are preggo when the enlistment is up? Does it matter if you are a few weeks vice if you are 7-8 months along? I thought I heard something about covering the pregnancy if you are 6 months+, but that could have been my imagination too... anyone know how Tricare works?
  2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

I don't know, but just wanted to say I think you kitty is soo cute. I'm gonna try google it

3. Banned
    Banned
    unless you get the "cobra" type insurance ( which is costly) when you seperate there is no insurance coverage - pregnancy is only covered for the AD member not the spouse when they leave.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by sandykay View Post
    I don't know, but just wanted to say I think you kitty is soo cute. I'm gonna try google it
    Thanks! I am seriously in love with him!!!

I did find that the servicemember can extend to cover the pregnancy, and does not even need permission to do so, so that's good!

Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    unless you get the "cobra" type insurance ( which is costly) when you seperate there is no insurance coverage - pregnancy is only covered for the AD member not the spouse when they leave.
    Maybe that's what I had heard. Thanks!
  5. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

OK I found this
    Once your husband gets out he will have 180 days of medical coverage, its called TA-180...you will be able to have OB coverage during that time as you will be entitled to the same 180 days of medical. Hope this helps!
    As far as civilian coverage....OB care is not considered a pre-existing condition, so you are ok there. Now, Tricare will send you a certificate of previous medical coverage and once you apply for civilian insurance, the new insurance company will need it to continue coverage of if you did have a pre-existing condition like diabetes, cancer, etc.

I also found this: http://usmilitary.about.com/library/...re+supplements

6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    OK I found this
    Once your husband gets out he will have 180 days of medical coverage, its called TA-180...you will be able to have OB coverage during that time as you will be entitled to the same 180 days of medical. Hope this helps!
    As far as civilian coverage....OB care is not considered a pre-existing condition, so you are ok there. Now, Tricare will send you a certificate of previous medical coverage and once you apply for civilian insurance, the new insurance company will need it to continue coverage of if you did have a pre-existing condition like diabetes, cancer, etc.

Thank you for all your help!!!
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    OK I found this

Yep that's what happened with my sis, when her DH got out she had her baby 2 months later and they covered everything as long as she went to the closest military hospital to deliver.