Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Tricare Dental Question

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Tricare Dental Question

Advertisements
    My dh tried to enroll me in the Tricare Dental Program (TDP) and they sent me a letter that said they were unable to process my enrollment application as submitted because under DEERS I am not eligible for coverage.

They said that after my eligibility has been updated by the DSO then I have to contact them and resubmit the application.

Does anyone know why I would not be eligible through DEERS and what I have to update?

TIA I am so clueless when it comes to Tricare. I just know that I'm now enrolled in Tricare prime.
  2. Finding my own path!
    Finding my own path!
    Blog Entries
    Are the addresses he submitted on the forms the same as DEERS? I had to change all the addresses to match and when we move to Hawai'i I'm going to have to change them again.. also the little things like a phone number or something like that can throw them off too.. I would call the DEERS office themselves to see what is wrong and compare all the information with the forms you sent to UC! You might be able to get it figured out that way.

Every Ending is Another Beginning!!!!
    "For I know the plans I have for you", Says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
    The cup of shite runneth over...
  3. I'm too cool for words
    I'm too cool for words
    Hmmm... I don't know why. Maybe someone on here will be able to tell you why that is. I hope you get it straightened out.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    You need to find out why your DEERS eligibilty says that you are ineligible. It could be that PSD needs a copy of your marriage certificate. A marriage or birth certificate needs to be submitted within a certain period of time. If that doesn't happen OR they lose it OR they overlook it then OR they just screwed up - then they will make you medical and dental ineligible in DEERS until it is fixed. Could be that you are ineligible for medical as well but just hasn't been picked up yet. Your hubby needs to contact PSD and find out why you are marked as ineligible. It could also be that they need your social security number. This was the case with two of my kids. I was told that they would not be eligible after a certain date unless I supplied this info. It was only 2 out of the 7 and they were 4 and 7 at the time why they needed it at that point but that's what they said!
    Visit my Etsy shop - All Ribboned Out
    Guy meets girl
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I wouldn't call DEERS becasue they are just going to tell you to have the SM go to CSD anyways....just have dh do and check to see whats wrong and why you cna't enroll. Thats the best advice to get.
  6. happygirl0486
    hope it gets fixed soon .
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I hope you get it fixed soon.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    thanks for all your advice..

i called a 1 800 and they figured it out for me.. since my eligibility for prime didn't start until the 1st.. they couldn't accept my dental because you have to be enrolled in prime first.. so i have to re-submit the application...i simply just sent it in too soon..

the letters they send you are so confusing.. why couldn't they just say that in the first place?