Military Significant Others and Spouse Support -
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: how do i get a referral?

  1. No one loves their mother like her boys!
    jessica707's Avatar
    jessica707 is offline
    No one loves their mother like her boys!
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Luke AFB,Arizona

    Help how do i get a referral?

    I recently switched my pcm off base but need a referreal for the orthopedic I used to just call the hopital/med clinic on base what do I do now?
  2. Banned
    Donna's Avatar
    Donna is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    New Orleans
    Blog Entries
    you have to go and see your PCM and have them put the referral through.
  3. Senior Member
    Merri's Avatar
    Merri is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Yeah, see your PCM. A civilian pcm who is in network can put in referrals just like the military doctors can. The only thing is if you are seeing a civilian ortho, make sure he is in network, sometimes civilian doctors are unaware of which specialists are in network.
    I usually log in to the Tricare's website and get the authorization number for the referral to take with me, just in case the specialist's office didn't get the paperwork. If they have the auth #, they will see you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts