Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who lives on post?

1. MIA for awhile...
    MIA for awhile...

Who lives on post?

Advertisements
    We live off post, and our lease is ending well.. very soon but I'm starting to think that perhaps living on post would be better for us until dh deploys.

Um so who lives on post? And do you like it? What do you like about it? And is it better than living off post?

If you live on post, and hate it- tell me why please!

Also....... what utilities are included? If any?

I went to one stop, but I couldn't find the utility page
    Blame your man, not Myspace!!
    Simmy 2009. All rights reserved, copy it and you die.
    Bite me! PLEASE! I want to be a vampire

2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    we always do except here because there isn't one. they pay for everything except the extras like phone, cable, internet. but they pay, water, gas, electric garbage all that. I liked it because everyone was in my similar situation and i made good friends there. I have no strong feelings living on or off post, everyones situation is different and some like living there some don't.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. X
    X
    We are BUT only because we're making a grand a month off of BAH.
  4. X
    X
    I do like it here though. Friendly neighbors, close to the MCX and commissary. We have the beach that's no more than a 5 minute walk away etc.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    we always do except here because there isn't one. they pay for everything except the extras like phone, cable, internet. but they pay, water, gas, electric garbage all that. I liked it because everyone was in my similar situation and i made good friends there. I have no strong feelings living on or off post, everyones situation is different and some like living there some don't.
    other than the few and far between dramatic neighbors, I have LOVED living in housing.
  6. MIA for awhile...
    MIA for awhile...
    Yeah, one of the reasons I want to live on post is because of the community. I've met no-one in my complex.. everyone keeps to themselves and I'm kinda going crazy having no next door neighbours driving me bonkers.
    Blame your man, not Myspace!!
    Simmy 2009. All rights reserved, copy it and you die.
    Bite me! PLEASE! I want to be a vampire

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I live in housing. Don't know if it is any different AF wise but, we keep to ourselves, don't pay bills except phone, dish, ect. We like it because we can keep a house to ourselves and if anything goes wrong, someone fixes it. Plus, most of the time, you get good neighbors and you just work around both your schedule. I like that we are close to work and the commy.

All places have their good and bad issues. Moving out is a big issue I have. I hate how picky they are. You are also military 24/7 due to you never leave the base sometimes. You also have some limitations to what you can do in your own lives. It is all what you make it.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  8. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    We live on post. It's convenient because of maintenance, how close everything is(I can just walk everywhere!), having neighbors who are all military, etx
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I live on a marine base. I LOVE living on base. I feel safer, I can walk EVERYWHERE. Commisarry, MCX, Dr, post office, mcdonalds, mini-mart, etc. I like the convienece of it.

Utilities in our housing that are included is gas and electirc, water and trash.
  10. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries
    We live on post but they shoved us in temporary house far away from the main housing area. If we lived in the main housing, it'd be awesome. Everything is in walking distance, the military community is great to live in when you're overseas due to safety and culture familiarities, and everything is very well kept of course!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast