Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recent Tricare Change - HELP!

1. Senior Member

Help Recent Tricare Change - HELP!

Advertisements
    So I was just married a little over a month ago and went to sign me up for Tricare and such and since we live off base, they gave me a list of docs and told me I had until today to pick one.

Well, I went in last week after having spent almost a month choosing a doc, and they said the policy changed the week before that and since I'm getting enrolled in Tricare Prime, I have to see the doc on base.

Well, despite living like 15 miles from base, it takes like an hour to get to the Naval Hospital and DH is now mad that I didn't get in to pick my doc sooner because now we have to drive so dang far just so I can see a doctor.

A friend of mine said I can refuse to see a doc on base and still see one out in town, any truth to that?

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    If you are Prime and within 50 miles of an MTF you have to see a Doc on base. that is the way it has always been. Unless there is an overload they usually won't send you to see a civi doc. If you want to see a civilian then you can switch to standard but there are other costs associated with that.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    If you chose Tricare Prime you need to see the DR's you are authorized. If you are Standard, you have more choices. If you just out right refuse, you will need to pay for who you see with possibly no coverage.

Good luck.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    If you are Prime and within 50 miles of an MTF you have to see a Doc on base. that is the way it has always been. Unless there is an overload they usually won't send you to see a civi doc. If you want to see a civilian then you can switch to standard but there are other costs associated with that.
    that is what i figured...i think they just got rid of an overload, because originally they said i had to go off, and then a few weeks later said i had to go on base...

thanks for responding

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  5. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by lacy+chk View Post
    that is what i figured...i think they just got rid of an overload, because originally they said i had to go off, and then a few weeks later said i had to go on base...

thanks for responding
    no problem.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    aww.. that sucks sorry lacy
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
    aww.. that sucks sorry lacy
    that's ok, here i go again to threadjack myself...

bryanna!!! you're a mommy!!

8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I have prime and I can go to a Dr off base. They told me if I wanted to change to standard there would be co-pays and it would take affect pretty much after I changed it. Im still learning about Tri-care though, now that Im pregnant they restricted me to base Dr's and that took place in the middle of my pregnancy so going from civilian to Military Dr made me pretty upset.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lrrodiguez View Post
    I have prime and I can go to a Dr off base. They told me if I wanted to change to standard there would be co-pays and it would take affect pretty much after I changed it. Im still learning about Tri-care though, now that Im pregnant they restricted me to base Dr's and that took place in the middle of my pregnancy so going from civilian to Military Dr made me pretty upset.
    understandably so...man

tricare drives me insane already

10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lacy+chk View Post
    that's ok, here i go again to threadjack myself...

bryanna!!! you're a mommy!!

I'm very excited!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast