Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: this medical stuff confuses me...

1. Senior Member

Bang Head this medical stuff confuses me...

Advertisements
    so i just got my military id. the guy said both my son and i are covered. but how do i get the vision and dental or is that already signed up for??? this whole thing confuses me to no end...
  2. sydneesmomma18
    You husband has to fill out paper work to enroll you in the dental and vision.
  3. Loving my soldier since '96
    Loving my soldier since '96
    You should get dental cards in the mail. I am not too sure about vision but seems to me that you can use your id card like you would any other medical service.
    (Disclaimer: The following information is coming from a Army wife who doesn't actually know any specifics 100%. Often told to her by husband or other wise ones. Though, they all will admit that at times they dont know the specifics neither. The information received should be considered unstable and possibly flammable. Do not disseminate. )
  4. sydneesmomma18
    Or if u have POA then you can fill the papers out.
  5. sydneesmomma18
    Thats why Justin had to do anyway. He filled out papers, and the the montly deduction started coming out and then I had to send in some extra payment and then I got Sydnee and I's dental cards in the mail after all that.
  6. Loving my soldier since '96
    Loving my soldier since '96
    Thats right Ashlee. Dh mailed me this paperwork to fill out and to send a payment in. Once I sent that payment my cards came in the mail.
    (Disclaimer: The following information is coming from a Army wife who doesn't actually know any specifics 100%. Often told to her by husband or other wise ones. Though, they all will admit that at times they dont know the specifics neither. The information received should be considered unstable and possibly flammable. Do not disseminate. )
  7. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    You need to ensure that your son is listed as a dependent of your DH under deers. Vision is already part of the tricare coverage. It covers very little, but there is usually a pile of paperwork that tricare should have handed you when your DH went to the office and filled it out. The dental is a seperate sign up which can be done online at the link below. You have to send in a payment first and it can take up to 2 months to be covered. The cut off is the 20th, so if you signed up today you would be covered August 1st.

http://www.tricaredentalprogram.com/...enrollment.jsp

PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Yep - like someone else said Vision is included under Tricare - though it only covers one eye exam once per year, no glasses or contacts (or the contact lens fitting) - unless you have one of the covered vision problems, like glaucoma for instance.

Dental is separate and you/your DH have to sign up for that. It's like $12 or so per month for one dependent, I'm not sure about more than that.